The Role: JIRA Engineer
We are looking for a JIRA Engineer to join our busy and dynamic Process Automation and Release Management team to based in either our Leeds or London Office or working remotely within the UK.
Why we need you:
We are looking for a JIRA Engineer who will be responsible for the ongoing support, maintenance security, and ongoing improvements of our Atlassian ecosystem.
You will work on all aspects of Atlassian platform system engineering and application support, customization, improvements and maintenance.
You will have a direct impact to the customer experience through the design, implementation and continues improvement of new features and functionalities; building towards a platform that provides the required value enhancement tooling, capabilities, capacity and performance that align with business needs and goals.
Working and providing technical inputs our Atlassian roadmap, key objectives and goals and mapping these into backlog deliverable, you will be working directly with business teams in a collaborative fashion, gathering feed backing and building strong relationships that will enable smooth project and task delivery. At the same time working within the technical team to drive internal process, system improvements, Incident and SLA management and automation improvements.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Drive performance, disaster recovery, security and scaling initiatives, continuously monitoring Atlassian products across versions, and evaluating the multiple factors that could impact their scale and/or stability whether this be a single or clustered instance.
- Provide day-to-day support for the management of projects within our portfolio. These may be Enterprise-wide transformation programs impacting the whole company, or tactical initiatives that require your skillset to get them done.
- You will lead by example to promote a culture of innovation and quality across the JIRA engineering team and exhibit a relentless focus on our users’ needs and success.
- Demonstrate a relentless focus for automation across all areas, both technical operations and workflow process management, with the objective of continually reviewing and enhancing productivity and efficiencies, helping teams reduce TOIL replacing manual activities for automated routines.
- Align toolset activities with Agile adoption, supporting the organization in their transformation by delivery the correct tooling. Working with the Agile Guild to define, design and implement JIRA projects for teams engaging in new ways of working.
- Cooperate closely with the portfolio management team to maximize value through the development of new features and enhancements for the business user community and the continuous maintenance of the existing portfolio projects and provide in the creation of high-quality requirements and the creation of user guides for new features / products.
- Champion Atlassian solutions and/or 3rdparty solutions that can further deliver enhancements and business value to the organization such as JIRA Service Desk, JIRA Core, et. Work with teams to showcase product demos, participate in proof of concepts, create business cases and new product integrations.
- Engage with both technical and business stakeholder to identify opportunities for optimization of JIRA projects with various schemas, workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes required.
- Advocate the usage of Realtime custom dashboard and integrate JIRA projects with Confluence pages. Develop metrics dashboards and advanced filters in JIRA to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports.
- Finally, you can expect to maintain detailed documentation and when necessary deliver training and mentorship to users.
Who are we looking for:
In this role, we’re looking for you to have the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years of experience with web application and/or complex systems development (Java, Groovy)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build a strong level of partnership at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with Atlassian product administration in enterprise setting (5000+ users)
- Hands-on knowledge of Atlassian products and add-on development tools, SDK, APIs
- Working knowledge of version control systems (Git)
- Power Linux user or past experience with Linux system administration
- Experience with database administration/maintenance, JQL, SQL, advanced querying and data structure models
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to build a strong level of partnership at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work independently in fast paced environment
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Eagerness to work in a team and as a team to solve problems with minimum supervision
As the ideal candidate, you will:
Have experience with Jira custom workflow development, product customization and 3rd party system integrations (compatibility and impact assessments).
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- £1,000 as a congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a Zoom/ face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.