The role: We’re looking for an upbeat, Junior UI Designer to join our lively and dynamic Product Design team in Leeds.
Why we need you
You will be working on the most critical, strategic projects at the heart of the world’s largest public online gaming business, with funding and opportunities to match our huge ambition!
You will help improve consistency and elevate designs with design thinking, animation, and interactions across all product areas!
Who we’re looking for
- You will add consistency in the design system and how it is used across all product teams – focusing on modern and accessible design
- Learn from the team in developing and evolving the visual language, design system and UI library for our products and platform
- Focus on interaction and motion – including page transitions, micro interactions, button states, and communication through animation
- Learn how the company brands are brought to life through UI and support the branding teams
- Learn the design department’s way of working – from design principals, design thinking, and efficiency how we are partnering with development teams
- Learn from the UI team to ensure strong collaboration and up skill
- Collaborate with multiple team members
- You are self-motivated while being a strong standout colleague
- You can communicate well with the team and have strong listening skills to seek feedback.
- You are confident in visual design fundamentals: colour, typography, composition, space, time/motion, information visualisation
- You have a strong visual eye and can tackle feedback and recommendations on design work during review processes
- You have a willing to learn of the theories, concepts, and methods of user-centred design and interaction design (controls, states, etc.) which you apply in a variety of ways
- You are passionate about design systems and UI libraries
- You are passionate about the design industry and you stay ahead of industry trends – including web and mobile standard methodologies such as accessibility and responsive design
- You build UI components, information visualisations, and animations with a visual style that is engaging and promotes trust
- You can build scalable visual design assets that fit into a greater design system and are easily used by developers, within the greater values of the design system (consistency, creativity, and collaboration)
- You can use Figma, After Effects, Mural and Jira for the tools we use from brief to prototype
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- £1,000 as a congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.