The role: Lead DevOps Engineer
We are looking for a Lead DevOps to join our International Sportsbook team in Leeds. You will help support and run one of the biggest sports betting platforms in the world.
Are you our next star player?
We are in the process of expanding our tech team to support the adoption and development of our new sports betting platform within the Pokerstars International division.
The tech team consists of small agile teams, working in Scrum and responsible for specific areas of the tech stack and product.
Why we need you:
As a Lead DevOps you will report to the Operations Manager and lead a small agile team of 5-7 people, consisting of DevOps Engineers, Software Engineers and Test Engineers.
Your responsibilities within the squad will include:
- Building and owning CI/CD Pipelines
- Infrastructure as code
- Release strategies
- Application and infrastructure monitoring
- Ensuring security and regulatory responsibilities are adhered to
- High level DB support
- Help prioritise work based on business goals
- Use previous knowledge and experience to help drive decision making
In addition to these responsibilities, as a Lead you will be expected to:
- Line manage and mentor the DevOps within the team
- Assist where needed in recruitment activities
- Turn high level programme planning into low level actionable pieces of work
- Manage stakeholders for the team’s deliverables
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for an experienced, pragmatic and collaborative DevOps engineer to join our team on the mission to build the best online sports betting product in the world.
- Extensive experience with Linux based VM tech stacks
- Deep understanding in how web technology works
- Comfortable working with and supporting large scale web applications
- Proven experience managing a team of engineers and being responsible for delivering projects
- Pragmatism with a strong understanding of effort versus business value
- Collaboration and a team player
- Problem solver with a drive to understand what’s under the hood
- Cloud – AWS / Lambda
- CI/CD – Jenkins / Github Actions
- Infrastructure as Code – CDK
- Application Monitoring – Prometheus / Alert Manager / Grafana Loki
- Other Tech – Hashicorp Vault / Kafka / Rabbit MQ
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- £1,000 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a general Zoom call. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a more specific 1-hour Zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.