We are looking for a Lead iOS Engineer to join our International Sports team in Leeds!
Are you our next star player?
Reporting into an Engineering Manager and working closely with Principal and Senior Principal engineers, you will work with a team delivering key parts of our Native application strategy to build and own the industry’s best sports betting and trading platform! Normally based in our Leeds city centre tech hub, you’ll enjoy being part of a strong team culture, with the flexibility to work remotely around that. You will be part of a distributed team.
Why we need you
This is a technical team leadership role that owns the technical vision for their team. You will be a technical domain specialist and will manage a team of engineers. You will lead a team working closely with product managers, scrum masters and test engineers to ensure that the team are working effectively and that product and engineering concerns are balanced. You will mentor and develop your reports working within our progression framework and ensuring each engineer gets the best opportunities to develop and grow. This role will involve driving technical decisions against organisational goals and navigating a sometimes complex compliance landscape. You will take ownership for managing the levels of technical debt, evolving coding practices and ageing code risks. Lead framework & language choice, development build and deployment tooling.
Who we’re looking for
You are self-motivated and willing to contribute at all levels, listening and learning from those around you. Culture is the foundation of our success, and we want every one of our team to be a part of it and drive it.
- Significant demonstrable knowledge of iOS Development, standard methodology and an up-to-date understanding of app-store rules and regulations.
- Very solid understanding of Swift and Objective-C.
- Deep understanding of platform idioms and implementation patterns such as MVVM-C, MVP, MVC and beyond.
- Deep knowledge of the features, capabilities and constraints associated with supporting older SDKs (although we aggressively push to support only the smallest subset of older iOS versions).
- Experience working within modern agile methodologies where quality is defined and measured and where you’ve been concerned with delivering against demanding quality goals, whilst maintaining velocity.
- Experience in CI/CD in a native iOS environment, having an awareness about the challenges this brings.
Our engineers work closely with colleagues in all positions, so communication and interpersonal skills are important for this role. Modern software engineering relies on iterative, incremental development and fast feedback – we expect a solid grasp of the mechanics of this including a good understanding of automation and its role in modern software delivery. You’re comfortable working independently or collaboratively with good time and prioritisation skills.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.