The role: We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer for PokerNews to be based in our Lithuania office.
Are you our next star player?
Specialising in high-quality content for millions of users around the globe, PokerNews is the world’s leading authority on all things poker. The site provides a range of daily news, reviews and strategies, and prides itself on comprehensive live coverage of poker events from all corners of the world. Attracting both new and experienced players alike, our customers also find exclusive videos, podcasts, poker room reviews, and much, much more.
Why we need you:
The Tech Lead is responsible for managing technical aspects of software development flow, enabling the team to work with quality. It is part of the job to plan, design, lead, and execute technical solutions and improvements. You will collaborate with backend & frontend developers and web designers, focusing on the life cycle of the system, to improve usability. You will also maintain and improve code quality standards, making them part of the Continuous Delivery process.
Other responsibilities include:
- Provide architectural and code design direction.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Enable team to deliver against Product Roadmap in a timely fashion while ensuring technical debt is kept to a minimum.
- Troubleshoot technical issues that involve software development, infrastructure, engineering tasks and product releases.
- Supervising system modifications.
- Collaborate with security team to maintain high security standards.
- Promote collaboration and engagement, including through regular show and tells.
- Hiring, training and mentoring of team.
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies.
- Contribute to an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking an expert in PHP & Symfony framework, that has proven experience in a similar position. You ideally hold a qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline. You are data savvy and understand how Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery works & be able to build one from ground up. You understand the basics of SEO and MYSQL, with excellent knowledge in using Git (GitLab, GitHub). Similarly, you have Agile (Scrum/Kanban) experience.
You are a creative thinker and enjoy coming up with innovative solutions. You have a strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills and the ability to lead a team.
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- Certifications related to PHP, Symfony and Web Application Security
- Reasoned opinion and analytical thinking.
- Hands-on experience on how to decouple monolith into micro-services architecture.
- Experience writing Unit, Functional & End-to-end tests.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address).
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of €1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerNews is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.