We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our busy and dynamic team based in our office in Sofia, Bulgaria!
Why we need you:
You will work as part of the team that delivers Software Development projects and helps to ensure availability of key DevOps services used by the Software Development team and Business units as well as critical QA/UAT and Production environments.
Software Development and IT Operations teams will be assisting you with deploy and operation of our systems. You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes. You`ll support building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. You`ll troubleshoot and resolve issues in our Dev, QA/UAT and Production environments for a wide range of projects. You`ll be responsible to maintain, upgrade and configure our Internal services.
Who are we looking for:
You have experience in an IT infrastructure role with a background in Linux and Cloud administration. Open source technologies are something you are interested in and you have used wide variety of such tools. You have experience with VMware virtualized environments, mostly server virtualization and software defined networking. You were involved in planning deployments and improvements to CI/CD pipelines and have strong experience with Docker and container management. Some of your experience is focused on coding and scripting (Python, Java and Bash).
You are familiar with Apache and Nginx web servers running and configuring along with caching and message queuing applications (Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka). Also you have some experience in networking and monitoring tools. We are working with Atlassian products (Crowd, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket Server, Bamboo, HipChat) so it`ll be good if you have used them too.
We try to follow the best methodologies and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service but you`ll be able to suggest any improvements. Our environment is Agile so it`ll be good if you have worked in such teams.
You are a self-starter with the ability to make progress with minimal supervision. On this position you`ll have to show your good diplomacy skills and the ability to liaise with technical and business people. You are able to work under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail. As a team we are results oriented and rely on good communication to achieve success.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
You have experience or exposure to some of the following technologies:
– Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
– Docker and Kubernetes
– Automation/configuration management using either Salt, Puppet, Chef, or an equivalent
– Build systems (Apache Ant/Mode/Maven)
– Strong knowledge of Jenkins structure and uses
– Git and versioning software
– Linux development toolchain (i.e. rpm, yum)
– Messaging middleware. Specifically Kafka and RabbitMQ
– SQL in general and PostgreSQL, MySQL specifically (NoSQL experience, such as Cassandra, Redis and MongoDB is a plus.)
– TSDB (InfluxDB, Prometheus, Clickhouse) and ElasticSearch
– Monitoring tools such as TICK stack, Prometheus, ELK stack
– Knowledge of scanning software such as Veracode, SonarQube or IQ Server a plus.
– Being certified in Linux, VMware and good knowledge of Mac OS X is a strong asset
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive, and we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Sofia.
Your package will include:
– Health and Dental Insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
– A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
– A great yearly bonus based on performance
– A 1,000 BGN as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
– Personal e-learning courses and training supporting the development in your career
– 22 days annual leave
– A sports’ card membership valid across the country
– In-house yoga and gymnastic classes, as well as dances
– Discounts as a compliment form us among different services
– Free snack, fruits and drinks in the office
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
We hope that we’ve answered as many of your questions about working at the PokerStars as possible, but if you still have some questions, why not try visiting our FAQ page?Find your answers here