We are looking for a Delivery Manager for our platform to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Richmond Hill, Toronto service office. The Platform Delivery Manager role is a senior leadership role that will help enhance the platform’s execution capabilities. The Platform Delivery Manager will ensure the company’s priorities are staffed with the appropriate resources based on rigorous capacity planning and management. The Platform Delivery Manager will work in a matrix organization where the practice of delivery is aligned to best practices. The practice of the delivery is set by the Platform Delivery Manager who will keep its standards across the entire discipline within the platform groups. As a master of the discipline, the Platform Delivery Manager is required to work in tandem with the Platform delivery units that are working on their unit roadmap and backlog.
Why we need you:
- You will partner with the OKRs owner who sponsors the platform delivery program to define the platform OKRs
- You will deliver strategic value while collaborating with senior stakeholders to ensure effective OKRs delivery
- You will lead delivery strategy and execution, understand and evangelize the platform’s delivery strategy and its benefits for Stars
- You will manage and maintain the platform portfolio roadmap and delivery plans.
- You will mature our project planning and execution processes to improve scale, velocity, and precision
- You will establish and improve the metrics that define the health and efficacy of your organization
- You will play a key part in ensuring that the platform delivery teams are moving at the most optimal pace and that developers, QA, technical analysts are not over/under allocated.
- You will identify, escalate, and mitigate risk across the platform portfolio
- You will act as a mentor to delivery managers within the platform departments
- You will refine their individual professional skills and behaviors
- You will identify the team’s skills matrix and provide opportunities to help close the team’s skill gaps
- You will liaise with the other technology delivery units and business stakeholders, third party service providers to ensure the delivery of high- quality solutions
Who are we looking for:
- You have successfully led delivery organizations in technology companies and have the required hard and soft skills to be recognized as a credible change leader.
- You are highly adaptable in a fast-paced hyper-growth environment; able to thrive within ambiguity; have demonstrated ownership and initiative to achieve business results.
- You have 5+ years of experience working as a technical delivery manager with experience leading large and complex cross-functional projects in a technology company and preferably, a degree in engineering.
- You have worked closely with product managers, engineering leaders, and product development teams to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time). This is a technology-focused position working with highly technical teams.
- You have experience with both product and engineering leaders to define, deliver, and measure the business value of your program.
- You have demonstrated interpersonal effectiveness and emotionally intelligent communication skills to communicate, persuade, influence, and handle challenging conversations effectively at a Director level and above.
- You possess effective leadership, influencing, and relationship-building skills with an emphasis on team culture, morale, engagement and retention.
- You are comfortable talking about technical matters with business and Execs and business matters with technical people.
- You are successful at getting buy-in for your ideas with a demonstrated affinity for metrics.
- You can analyze information to find trends or diagnose problem areas.
- You are decisive – you gather the data and make informed, critical decisions quickly.
- You are able to balance between both business and technical stakeholders and can both communicate and lead the portfolio plan of work which is actionable by systems engineers and IT professionals.
- You have executed corporate-wide initiatives: defined project plans, coordinated resources, managed implementation activities, and developed all processes associated with program rollout and ongoing support.
- You have led multiple technical programs for a technology company, leading cross-functional teams to take products to market, ensuring success metrics are defined and achieved, and fine-tuning the program as needed.
- You have both Waterfall and agile/lean experience.
- You’ll be results focused; going above and beyond to ensure the project portfolio is delivered.
- You’ll be chairing regular key governance forums (e.g. steering committees) to review progress with key people so you’ll have the ability to manage stakeholders and high expectations.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
You’ll be communicating to our team and various stakeholders in the Group so excellent verbal and written communication skills are needed within a thorough and timely manner.
An added benefit would be experience within the gaming industry and a solid understanding of programming in large scale e-commerce environment.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- $1,900 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
- free snacks and catered lunch
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.