The role: Overnight Sportsbook Trader (12 month FTC)
We are looking for an Overnight Sportsbook Trader to join our busy and dynamic team in our Malta office.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned.
Are you our next star player?
The Overnight Sportsbook Trader sits within our Trading team with responsibility for delivery our In-Play Sports products. You will be involved in the management of In-Play product across a wide range of different sports. This is a multifaceted position requiring high standards of quality and integrity, and adherence to the Group’s Sportsbook policies and procedures.
The shift pattern for this role is 4 days a week – 10 hours a day from 10pm.
Why we need you:
- Supervising In-Play markets to ensure that prices are correct relative to the market
- Management of bet acceptance on those markets using our trading tools
- Assisting the Senior Manager In-Play Services in determining trading strategies for customers or groups of customers
- Assisting with all administrative tasks on the In-Play desk
- Competitor analysis
- Reporting suspicious betting activity to the risk management function
- Supervising bet settlement across multiple channels.
- Assist in handling queries escalated from the Group’s Support Service Gaming Specialists so, need to be a quick decision maker and can work in a fast-paced environment
Who are we looking for:
- Good all-round knowledge on a variety of sports
- Highly numerate
- Computer literate and proficient on MS Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain concentration for long periods of time
- Willingness to work unsociable hours including weekends
- Experience working in an online gaming company, preferably within a trading environment
- Experience of In-Play betting
- Experience of providing betting products in markets other than UK & Ireland
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive.
Your package will include:
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- 27 days paid annual leave
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- Personal life insurance and income protection
- The option to join our company pension scheme
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 1,000 EUR for your new addition whilst working for us
- Daily lunch credit, free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- Cash allowance for lunch.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a Zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
Find your passion at PokerStars