Role: SRE Platform Solutions Architect
We are on an exciting journey; as part of the Flutter group we form a key piece of the world’s largest Betting and Gaming company with brands such as PokerStars, Paddy Power, Betfair, and SkyBet. We are present in over 30 data centres globally and use of AWS & Azure we are embarking on a modernisation program of our Hosting infrastructure to speed up delivery and reduce our operational overheads.
As part of Flutter’s International division, you’ll contribute to the success of the PokerStars and Betfair International brand, as well as being part of various endeavours across the group.
Why we need you:
- You’ll work on the most critical, strategic projects at the heart of the world’s largest public online gaming business, with funding and opportunities to match our huge ambition
- It’s your chance to build and run platforms and systems that will ultimately be used by millions around the world, building on your career and learning new tech skills to solve problems that only exist at this scale
- You’ll be part of the award-winning Flutter group tech family, working with the best product and technology professionals, learning new skills and developing yourself in new ways
What you will do:
- As a Platform Architect, you will be part of a team of architects, leading on technical designs and direction
- You will peer with Product, Platform, Engineering and Infrastructure teams to deliver sustainable, high-performance tech platforms and solutions to provide the best possible experience for our customers
- You’ll be a technical subject matter expert in all things infrastructure, platform and network, identifying, communicating, and managing goals, constraints, and risks
- You’ll build alignment and shared understanding, guiding teams to build the right thing, and build it right
- Together with the other Infrastructure & SRE architects, you will develop and communicate an architectural vision and roadmap which is understood and supported by the whole business, and which provides clear, achievable principles and direction for the technology team to follow
- You will be self-motivated and willing to contribute at all levels, listening and learning from those around you; culture is the foundation of our success and we want you to be a part of it and drive it.
- You will support, and learn from, the people around you, always looking to do things better; we have a strong culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
How you will do it:
You will be working with International Infrastructure and Platform SMEs ensuring all solutions and platforms are secure, compliant, fit for purpose and cost effective, specifically:
- Work on AWS public cloud and AWS Outposts technical designs
- Work on on-premise cloud infrastructure technical designs
- Work on networking design and connectivity including public cloud, on premise and interdivisional networks
- Take responsibility for security and compliance within your domain
- Have a strong understanding of security standards, patterns and controls e.g. network segmentation, web application firewalls, DDOS to ensure our systems are secure and compliant
- Leverage your extensive experience and understanding of non-functional requirements and testing, monitoring and alerting, infrastructure as code, Linux & Windows administration
- Use your governance experience to ensure our teams are following best practice, e.g. developing policies, guardrails and high-quality documentation
- When required, work hands on with engineers, but also be outward facing, understanding the bigger picture
- Help to continuously evolve our architectural strategy, and make sure we’re aligned to it
- Highlight, document, and communicate technical priorities; Drive down tech debt
- Create platform and infrastructure documentation and diagrams to aid understanding and alignment
- Communicate key facts, risks, and assumptions to enable the heads of function to understand and make the right high-level decisions for International platforms, products and services
- Be the guardian of quality of your architectural domain, making sure it’s fit for purpose, and built with NFRs and evolvability in mind
- Evangelise operational concerns
- Constantly learn; be a technical authority for your domain
- Communicate clearly and honestly with a wide variety of technical and non-technical people; Support the people around you to succeed
- Assess the impact of upcoming pieces of work on our teams, and architecture; identify the key decisions
- Be an active member of our thriving tech community
How we work:
We believe in providing the best career for everyone; your progression begins on your first day. Career progression, staff engagement, and satisfaction are paramount to us. We want an environment where architects can do their best work and be the best that they can be, and we accommodate this in some of the following ways:
- Our architects work closely with colleagues in all positions, so communication and interpersonal skills are important for this role
- Our architects are T-Shaped, we expect deep expertise in one or two areas but an essential knowledge across our architecture – our most senior architects can jump in where there may be a gap to help keep work flowing
- We rely on iterative, incremental development and fast feedback – we expect a good understanding of the mechanics of this including a solid understanding of automation and its role in modern software delivery
- Our architects have experience of working in a modern agile environment (e.g. Scrum / Kanban)
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Dublin.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- 1000 EUR as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- access to an onsite gym.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone/zoom interview, and if that goes well, we’ll meet you for another zoom or face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.