The role: Poker Analyst
We are looking for a Poker Analyst to join our busy and dynamic Poker Operations team based in our Malta office.
Are you our next star player?
Poker Analysts are primarily responsible for the configuration of thousands of PokerStars scheduled tournaments and satellites that run each day, communicating with both internal and external customers as necessary to complete work. They also contribute to team decisions made regarding tournament offerings, features, and standards.
Why we need you: –
As part of the Poker team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Script and deploy poker tournaments across all PokerStars game sites, appropriately configuring all tournament attributes such as payouts, betting structure, etc.
- Create, maintain, and manage a detailed project plan with tasks, responsibilities, and timelines and provide a clear project status to management and stakeholders for various Poker Operations projects.
- Serve internal customers in promotions, marketing, and live events by advising on tournament attributes, ensuring compliance with team and company policies, and creating requested tournaments accurately and on time.
- Handle escalations from customer support for a variety of poker and software/technical issues.
- Offer input to management on the day-to-day poker operations and policy decisions for PokerStars including tournament offerings and software client features.
- Actively communicate with other team members to ensure that all tournaments are created consistent with principles and standards shared by all team members.
Who are we looking for: –
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work successfully in an environment where a single mistake may result in a high financial cost to the company.
- In-depth knowledge of the online poker industry.
- In-depth knowledge of the PokerStars client, including features and promotions.
- Extensive experience playing online poker.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to take a project from start to finish.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to allow interaction across the entire organization.
- English fluency – written and verbal.
- Dedicated, hard-working, self-motivated.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong Information Technology skills, including intermediate Microsoft Excel and basic Microsoft Word skills.
- Aptitude for learning how to interact with new software.
As an ideal candidate you`ll have:
- A degree or equivalent work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of all forms of poker, betting formats, variations of the game, etc.
- Expert level Microsoft Excel skill.
- Experience with programming, web development, or basic scripting languages.
- Fluency in a second language.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Malta.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- 1000 EUR as a congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- cash allowance for lunch.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a zoom/face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.