We are looking for a Poker Data Analyst to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Malta office.
The Poker Data Analyst is responsible for retrieving, reporting, and presenting commercial Poker data to internal partners. This role is essential to understanding poker player behaviours, contextualizing PokerStars’ place within the poker industry, and uncovering compelling statistics that span our 20 year history.
Why we need you:
As part of the Poker Operations team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Retrieving, validating, compiling, and reporting complex Poker datasets to provide commercial insights related to competitors, regulatory changes, and the core game offering
- Presenting said datasets in a compelling and digestible way to colleagues with and without analytics backgrounds
- Providing internal customers data validation for use in external communications, Poker product features, and other general requests
- Improving data access for Poker Operations staff, such as creating Excel or MicroStrategy dashboards and collaborating closely with Data Warehouse to ensure desired data is readily available
- Identifying and undertaking technical projects to improve operational efficiency across the teams as needed
Who are we looking for:
- Expert knowledge of SQL and Python
- In-depth knowledge of the online poker industry
- Effortless presentation skills
- General knowledge of attributes of online poker players and hands
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- English fluency – written and verbal
- Dedicated, hard-working, self-motivated
- Ability to juggle multiple urgent requests from management
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- As an ideal candidate you`ll have:
- A university-level education or equivalent work experience
- Expert level SQL and Python skills
- Expert level Microsoft Excel skill
- Experience with Tableau is a plus
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to provide such details at this stage, we can confirm that we do offer an excellent salary and benefits package. Our benefits include a discretionary annual performance bonus, premium health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (providing you all live at the same address), and a generous company contribution into a private pension scheme every month.
We have an Employee Assistance Programme where you receive complimentary and confidential support from professionals who offer independent advice 24/7. To support you in developing your skills and career, we will provide ongoing training.
We contribute €5.25 daily towards your breakfast and lunch. In addition, there is free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks. As an advocate of work life balance, we offer PIA; an annual personal interest allowance where we encourage personal learning outside of working hours; e.g. driving lessons, cookery classes and circus training (to name a few that our people have used this towards).
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a zoom interview and if that goes well, we’ll call you back for a second zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.