The role: Portfolio Manager – Data
We are looking for Portfolio Manager who has a passion for data to join our busy and dynamic Analytics team in our London office.
Are you our next star player?
We are looking for someone with excellent communication and project management skills to own this important role. An interest in the power of data science and insights would be useful but not vital.
Data & Analytics is part of our Customer function which exists to transform customer experiences. We believe the best way to achieve this is through a customer centric, hypothesis led, data driven, outcome focused approach, where there is a risk tolerance for failure. It plays a meaningful role in the performance of the PokerStars business, and Flutter International more broadly.
Why we need you:
You will be ultimately responsible for the delivery of a portfolio of sophisticated and cross-capability data products and services and communicating & coordinating progress towards our business outcomes and building alignment with multiple stakeholders up to the C-suite.
Data is essential to powering our strategic business objectives over the next several years from helping us make data-led decisions through to powering personalised features using data science.
Who are we looking for:
- Graduate with at least 8-10 years’ experience, preferably in programme, project or product management
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal – and takes pleasure in considering the varying needs of stakeholders when communicating. Proven ability to lead stakeholder discussions on program/project concerns to ensure trade-offs are understood across the project, program, or portfolio.
- Someone comfortable at the intersection of strategy & tactics, organised and able to scan across lots of initiatives to identify key progress and risk indicators
- Significant experience with effectively managing risk, change and matrixed resources
- Strong conceptual understanding of technology – from cloud platforms to presentation layer
- Credible leadership: viewed as role model for programme and leadership skills and efficiency. Encourages a forward-thinking and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Storytelling: ability to simplify the complicated to make it understandable to various stakeholders
- Quick learner: able to absorb new information quickly, demonstrates ability to see beyond explicit assignment to identify broader, longer term opportunities
- Openly curious: questions assumptions & ways or working.
- Outcome focused: starts with the end in mind and drives towards clear goals
- Collaborative: works well with others to get things done. Understands what is important to each stakeholder and how to incentivize business partners.
- Willing to take action: able to use initiative to solve problems with little oversight
- Experience within large organisation & regulated industry
- Excellent skills in PowerPoint, Excel, Jira, Confluence
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience in online gaming industry
- Experience working in Data, Analytics, Tech or Product function
- Previous experience in Agile ways of working
- Previous experience of portfolio management
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to London.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- annual travel loans
- subsidised massage sessions
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a zoom/face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.