We are looking for a Postgres SQL Administrator to join our busy and dynamic Database Infrastructure team based in our Leeds office or remote within UK.
Our tech teams can work remotely within country, occasionally you’ll need to come to the office. Not often, but up to 4-5 times a month and of course, we’ll cover all related expenses. Working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned.
As a Postgres DBA, you will be responsible for supporting the operational elements of GSTP database infrastructure as well as involved project delivery.
The Postgres DBA is a member of a team responsible for the daily management and administration of a variety of database clients at various levels. While your role is very technical in nature you will be called upon to discuss these matters to business minded individuals inside the customer’s organization. Technologies are focused on PostgreSQL.
The DBA’s prime role is supporting the operational availability of these systems on a daily basis.
- Familiar with the full cycle of PostgreSQL instance/database management: software installation/patching; upgrade; configuration and deployment of instance/database; capacity planning; monitoring of capacity, availability, performance of the instance/database; performance analysis and tuning; backup, restore and recovery; setup replication and high availability; architect customized backup solutions; scripting jobs for automation; create and maintain scripts for sending custom reports; data warehousing; problem fix; Security management and auditing; documentation etc
- Interact with application teams and peer support team (DBA, SA, Storage, project management etc.) for project implementation and ongoing support
- Take initiative to improve the performance, efficiency of the database assurance operation; being cohesive to standard best practice and collaborate / coordinate with the DBA peers on change management, problem management and work management etc
- Take 24×7 on-call rotation and troubleshooting problem tickets and response to customer requests and change controls
- Support other DBA/project activities; contribution to knowledge and experience sharing
Skills and Capabilities
- Install/Setup and maintain Oracle and Postgres database software with updates/patches
- Develop and maintain accurate documentation of all areas encompassing the database infrastructure
- Database Security – access, authentication, auditing, vulnerability assessment
- Perform migration and upgrade tasks while minimizing downtime
- Perform database backups, restore, and recovery tasks
- Understanding and planning and executing DR planning/testing
SQL, PL/SQL programming
Application DBA (data modelling)
- 1 year experience as a Database Administrator working with Postgres in enterprise capacity
- Experience with MySQL in a production environment is an asset
- Linux/VMware environment skills
- Provide 24×7 on-call support
- Assist in help desk calls
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good proactive planning skills and multi-tasking skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent team worker and good performer under minimum supervision
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for excellence
- Have courage
- Show passion
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and also like to throw in a discretionary annual performance bonus. In addition, we provide advice and financial relocation assistance to those moving to Bulgaria.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). In addition, you are entitled to a personal allowance interest which encourages our employees to upskill themselves or pursuit a hobby. A baby bounty is offered to our employees as well, granting 1000 BGN upon the birth of a child.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career. In the office there is always free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks. In addition, we contribute a certain amount to the transportation and lunch expenses of our employees.
Our employees can always enrol to our sports program, and in terms of relaxation we have a playroom, including a PlayStation and a pool table. Our social team organise great events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Bulgaria service office in the Service Development department.