We are looking for a Principal iOS Engineer to join our International Sports department team. This role follows a remote approach to working, allowing you to work from the comfort of your home or anywhere within the country of employment. Working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned so you can expect once a quarter to be invited to work from our office and all travel costs will be expended.
Owning the technical vision for your team, you will be a technical subject matter expert and the go-to person for iOS native development advice and wisdom.
Are you our next star player?
The Principal iOS Engineer will take a leading role in designing, implementing and operating our products and platforms. You will work closely with Lead and Senior Principal Engineers, delivering key parts of our native application strategy to build and own the industry’s best sports betting and trading platform. You will champion quality and continuous improvement, and lead framework & language choice, development build and deployment tooling.
Why we need you
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, the Principal iOS Engineer will:
• Work with your Engineering Manager in supporting the iOS development community within the organisation
• Work with Tech Leads, Test Managers and other stakeholders to ensure we deliver high quality engineering solutions with the right balance between delivery speed vs operational risk
• Be an owner of technical best practice in your team so we have a clear direction for continuous improvement
• Take a keen interest in advocating our work and native technology inside and, where applicable, outside our organisation
• Be an advocate for and demand first class engineering with comprehensive unit testing
Who we’re looking for
• Experience in CI/CD in a native iOS environment, having an awareness about the challenges this brings
• Experience working within modern agile methodologies where quality is defined and measured
• Experience delivering against demanding quality goals, whilst maintaining velocity
• A significant demonstrable knowledge of iOS development, best practice and an up-to-date understanding of app-store rules and regulations
• An ability to drive technical decisions against organisational goals and navigating a sometimes-complex compliance landscape
• A very strong knowledge of Swift and Objective-C
• A significant demonstrable knowledge of iOS Development, best practice and an up-to-date understanding of app-store rules and regulations. This role will involve driving technical decisions against organisational goals and navigating a sometimes-complex compliance landscape
• A deep understanding of platform idioms and implementation patterns such as MVVM-C, MVP, MVC and beyond
• Comfortable working independently or collaboratively with good time and prioritisation skills
• Self-motivated and willing to contribute at all levels, listening and learning from those around you
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus, and we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
• Starting from 25 days paid annual leave increasing with service
• Health and dental insurance for you, and 50% coverage for your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
• Personal life insurance and income protection
• The option to join our company pension scheme
• In-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career, including full access to the Udemy platform and the mindfulness and meditation application Headspace
• External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career.
• Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
• Discounted gym membership
• Social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties
• Online Discount Scheme, including discounted shopping and cinema vouchers.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for our Principal iOS Engineer role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.