The role: Principal Product Manager, PAM
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to join our PAM Product team in our Dublin office.
Are you our next Star Player?
We are looking for an accomplished product leader with expertise in player account, payments or contact centre areas, that can manage the creative and technical aspects of product solutions to facilitate the modernisation of our current technical stack.
As an individual contributor, the role aims to partner with the business area directors and co-ordinate the respective Product Managers to develop product strategies that align with company scaling objectives. This means working closely with executive leadership through strategic planning and sequencing of efforts.
Additionally, the role will help guide cross-functional technical solutions to “join the dots together”, test ideas and build evidence of valuable scalable solutions by partnering with the development teams on product and capability opportunities, supporting market expansion of new licenses and product integrations. Together with the Directors of PAM, the role will work closely to develop a product strategy, translate it into a roadmap, and drive the plan execution. This is a unique position that also provides opportunity for career progression within a business that retains and rewards high performers.
Why we need you:
The Principal Product Manager is a key role within the PAM function and the organisation at large. This role has responsibility for finding, exploring, and leading opportunities to enable the scalability of the PAM system by using the existing stack and/or integrating new stacks, all of which are shared among the Sports and Gaming verticals within PokerStars. This includes multiple complex product domains like registration, authentication, verification, safer gaming, wallets, deposits, withdrawals, and back-office tools, all of which operate at a global scale in a fast paced and highly regulated environment.
The challenge for this role is to explore and assess the existing infrastructure and help build out a compelling, coherent, and integrated vision that aligns with the company strategy. It is critical that this role actively thinks through the lens of platform capabilities at scale across multiple territories to create authentic local experiences and the constant need to adapt to these territories.
This role works in close partnership with several other leadership roles within the PAM business function to drive the best experience for our Players.
We are also at a key moment of change with sweeping changes in our ways of working, platform and product experience allowing this role to shape our future business.
- Provide Product Management for scalable configuration capabilities for PAM
- Manage special initiatives that need a deep understanding of product management to identifying opportunities for expanding the technical stack
- Feed into roadmaps for the PAM development squads
- Align business and technical stakeholders on agreements and architectural approaches
- Frame high level requirements and work with product managers to create unified cross squad approach
- Work with in-house squads and/or 3rd party providers on solution designs and business logic from concept to launch
- Know the development teams across the business and their product strategy
- Define Key Results for initiatives and report back on them
- Work in partnership with product engineering, product design, data product, regulatory product, and vertical product counterparts to create on the articulated vision
Who we’re looking for:
- You will have proven credentials managing complex product systems in a customer-centric business, where you have driven the growth of a consumer product or service across multiple territories.
- You will combine strong product leadership, including the practice of modern development methodologies, with strategic thinking allowing you to prioritise and translate a vision into actionable outcomes and key results.
- Experience in gaming is not expected, however you will have experience working fast-paced, dynamic, consumer-focused technology companies.
- You will be comfortable working with senior stakeholders but also building strong relationships at peer level and below.
- You will be able to hit the ground running and have the drive and tenacity to take on an ambitious growth agenda.
- You are passionate and pragmatic – focused on delivery whilst not losing sight of strategic imperatives.
- Bring a deep understanding and experience of Product Management best practice
- Be metric obsessed, ensuring that the Product team understands the impact of broader Technology choices and trade-offs in relation to business needs
- Have a strong commitment to encouraging cross-functional problem solving and decision making to realise outcomes and build trust
- Be passionate about Product and Technology – remaining abreast of the latest developments in the field to develop new capabilities
- Comfortable with the basics of working with large teams and multiple stakeholders
- Flutter Leadership and Culture
- Outside-the-box thinking: Demonstrating the ability and willingness to develop innovative, exciting solutions to business problems. Having a passion for challenging the status quo and finding new solutions
- Humility: Taking a collaborative approach required to understanding organizational problems. Believing in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, safety, and trust
- Customer centricity: Have an interest with how users experience products and services and have a hunger to improve those experiences
- Ambition: Possess a significant personal and professional drive to improve standing of Design internally
What’s in it for you:
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Dublin.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 1,000 EUR for your new addition whilst working for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- access to an onsite gym.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a Zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.