We are looking for a Principle Performance Software Engineer in Test (SEiT) to join our International Sportsbook team in Leeds. You will help performance test and develop one of the biggest sports betting platforms in the world.
Are you our next star player?
We are expanding our tech team to support the adoption and development of our new sports betting platform within the Flutter International division.
Why we need you:
As a Principle Performance SEiT you will join our Tribe working closely with small agile teams, consisting of SEiT, DevOps Engineers and Software Engineers.
You’ll be working closely with the engineers in the team designing, building and maintaining our Performance Tests for the cutting-edge sportsbook platform, using industry leading technologies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performance Test SME in the Tribe
- Continuously improve Performance testing through participation in the Test Community of Practice
- Performance Test monitoring & maintenance
In addition to these responsibilities, as a lead you will be expected to:
- Mentor other team members
- Contributor to the wider Community of Practice
- Drive the technical direction of Performance Testing capabilities
- Ensure alignment of the tribe’s performance test approach, and be seen as the subject matter expert in Performance Testing
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced, pragmatic and collaborative Performance SEiT to join our team on the mission to build the best online sports betting product in the world.
- Comprehensive performance test analysis skills
- In-depth experience of developing and maintaining Performance tests using Open-Source tools like Gatling or Locust
- Agile ways of working
- Experience in bottle-neck analysis using application performance monitoring tools/ Grafana
- Pragmatic with a strong understanding of effort versus business value
- Collaborative team player
- Problem solver with a drive to understand what is under the hood
- Core Tech – Kafka / Cassandra / ReactJS / JS / Swift/Java
- Performance Testing – Gatling/Locust
- CI/CD – Jenkins / Thoughtworks Go
- Infrastructure – AWS
- Application Monitoring – Prometheus / Alert Manager / Grafana Loki
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus. We can also provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
We offer excellent training and development opportunities for all engineers, including dedicated L&D time every week to keep your technical skills supported, this also includes a personal allowance that can be used towards additional support materials.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you £1000 GBP as congratulations.
In addition to that, we provide the opportunity for a discounted gym membership.
What happens next?
Once you have applied, we will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we will invite you to an initial conversation and if that goes well, we will progress to a more formal interview and tech test.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org