The Role: We are looking for a Product Manager, Gaming Regulatory Reporting to join our PokerStars Central Projects Office team in our Toronto office
Are you our next star player?
In the last few years, the landscape for PokerStars operations has gradually moved into markets that get regulated. One of the key areas in the move to regulated markets is automated regulatory reporting. This serves the regulators need for control, supervision, monitoring and revenue/tax calculations.
We need someone to convert regulatory reporting requirements and business guidelines into functional specifications and business rules. Someone eager to make sure we achieve accurate regulatory reporting with reasonable development efforts and to the happiness of the regulators!
Why we need you
Ownership of the regulatory reporting product for several jurisdictions:
- You will act as key point person to internal teams and external advisors in any product related issues concerning the reporting product they own.
- Perform analysis on reporting regulations of new markets, crafting the applicable reporting solution, and mapping our system scenarios to the regulations.
- You will perform analysis of requests/feedback received from regulators and providing a detailed assessment of key activities need to be taken to address the issue and maintain our level of Compliance.
- Review any new vertical’s initiatives planned to be launched in licensed markets, analysing their impact on the reporting products.
- Write detailed technical business requirements documents, which are fed into development teams for implementation.
- You will follow up with the development teams on schedules and addressing any issues raised.
- Keep the customers (regulators, partners, internal departments) updated and advised with the status and completion of the product updates or product launch.
- Maintain product documentation
Acting as a team member:
- You will contribute to the team’s processes and efficiency by:
- Suggesting improvements to processes, tools, and infrastructure
- Sharing applicable information and knowledge with the team
- Performing as the ‘backup product manager’ for a few jurisdictions owned by others, being able to take care of urgent matters when the product owner is not available.
Who we’re looking for
- You have 3+ years as a product manager/technical systems analyst or a similar role
- Strong interest and aptitude in defining business requirements for software development.
- You understand the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb attention to detail.
- You have the ability to relate to business users and software developers.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Creative and analytical approach to problem solving
- Having a desire to fully understand things they work on, not willing to compromise on partial understanding
- Ability to lead and prioritise high volumes of responsibilities autonomously without delays in results and to tight deadlines
As the Ideal candidate you will have:
- Experience in working within regulatory frameworks and compliance
- Knowledge of regulatory product requirement across jurisdictions, and with regulatory reporting specifically
- Educated to university degree level in computer science or another technology equivalent
- Familiarity with XML / XSD
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Malta.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
What happens next?
If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a zoom interview.
Pokerstars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together outstanding brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.