The role: We are looking for a Python Developer to join our SRE Architecture team in Richmond Hill.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned.
Are you our next star player?
We need a Python star join our SRE team to code and support a number Python modules related to our complex deployment and configuration management system. You will work with different areas and stakeholders with the goal of improving the stability and reliability of our systems.
Why we need you
You will be a part of a dynamic and growing team of developers and system engineers reporting to SRE Architecture Lead.
Your duties will include, but not limited to:
- Develop new and maintain existing Python modules
- Participate in planning and directly influence our SRE Architecture
- Be a part of a global DevOps team involved in all areas of infrastructure
- Consult engineering departments on Python and CM related topics
- Develop Ansible modules and Terraform providers for our provisioning systems
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a system engineering enthusiast owning the following traits:
- System level thinker
- Programmer for life
- Infrastructure oriented
- Sharp technologist
- 2-3 years programming Python
- 1 year of using Configuration Management systems (Salt, Ansible)
- SQL Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite etc.)
- IT experience – advantage
- Django programming experience – advantage
- AWS Cloud
- Jenkins (Groovy)
- Regex, JSON and text operations in Python
- Attention to the core
- Solution oriented
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- $1,900 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- Discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
- free snacks and catered lunch
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.