We’re looking for a QA Analyst with strong technical skills to join our busy and dynamic Core Technology and Shared Services team based in our Richmond Hill, Toronto office.
Are you our next star player?
The QA Analyst will play a pivotal role in our cross functional team. You will work alongside the most talented Architects, Product Owners, back-end Developers, Testers and DevOps to deliver high quality code that contributes to the world’s best online gaming experience.
This exciting opportunity will allow you to participate in the whole lifecycle of software development –
helping team members work on new features, solving problems, delivering high quality products quickly, and supporting production environments.
- Work together with the cross functional team to release high quality software effectively in frequent and small releases following CI/CD best practices.
- Identify, recommend, develop, implement, and maintain test processes and practices; continuously contributing to more effective and efficient testing.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with various teams throughout the entire product lifecycle, identifying potential quality issues and risks while conceptualizing solutions and supporting implementations.
- Develop and execute test plans while working with team members to resolve problems and identify root causes of defects.
- Provide operational excellence, ensuring high availability of the products and services in production environment by working closely with operational teams, monitoring production systems, and investigating issues.
- Contribute to an ever-growing technical knowledge base to ensure effective use of products and services.
- Conduct industry research on new technologies, testing strategies and solutions.
Skills and Capabilities
- Experience with client-server architecture and large environments within a variety of Operation Systems and Networks.
- Ability to identify potential issues, writing and executing appropriate test cases for them.
- Strong logical and analytical skills and the ability to think clearly and flexibly.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills while being proactive and working independently with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to articulate issues and results in a clear, concise, and precise manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience investigating production issues and/or monitoring production systems.
- Detail-oriented mindset and be able to catch small issues and inconsistencies that others would miss.
- Curious by nature while being passionate about Quality Assurance and learning.
- Experience with scripting languages, network protocols, GIT, Jenkins, Grafana, Prometheus, InfluxDB, and SQL.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of $1,900 for your new addition whilst working for us
- Discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
- Free snacks and catered lunch
- In-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for our role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.