The role- QA Team Lead- Platform & Product
We are looking for a QA team Lead to join our Casino QA team in Toronto.
Are you our next star player?
This is an opportunity to lead and supervise team of QA Analysts in testing activities related to the Auxiliary Platform, You will Supervise daily activities of QA Platform team and drive improvements.
Why we need you:
You will be required to maintain a high level of quality assurance for client/server application by applying QA process to testing online gaming platform saturated with many different features. Other responsibilities include:
- Review functional, technical design specifications and business documents to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables and to analyze any gaps in requirements
- Identify test requirements from specifications, design comprehensive test case scenarios, map test cases to correspondent requirements and prepare test coverage plan
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts
- Execute test cases, document, evaluate and report test results
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate immediately to management
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements
- Identify, isolate defects, minimize steps to replicate and log issues into a defect tracking tool (JIRA), verify fixes
- Communicate with Project manager and BSA to determine the priorities of different projects
- Work closely with development and business teams to reproduce, prioritize and monitor defects
- Provide test status updates to QA Manager and Project manager
- Assign platform testing tasks to QA Analysts based on business priorities
- Prepare and provide QA sign off prior to Production release
- Balance multiple QA tasks and priorities with minimal supervision while working under tight deadlines
- Analytically troubleshoot software and discuss integration issues with various stakeholders throughout the company
- 5+ years of quality assurance experience in a large scale interactive environments
- Computer Science or Software Engineering academic background or equivalent experience
- Proven experience of interactive distributed software systems testing (client/server)
- Proven experience and power user level of technical knowledge of Windows OS, browsers and general PC troubleshooting
- Proven experience of Web Applications testing, and cross-browser testing on Windows 7/8/10 OS, MAC, iOS and Android mobile devices (including native apps)
- People management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Good knowledge of QA Testing Methodologies and familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to investigate software failures to identify root cause in integrated test environments
- Understanding of SQL language statements and ability to write database queries
- Task driven with a great attitude and strong communication skills (including effective communication with remote teams)
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent planning and time organizing
- Great attention to details
- Familiarity with web debugging tools and technologies (fiddler, Charles, etc.)
- Knowledge of iOS and Android hardware is an asset
- Online gaming (e.g. casino games) knowledge and experience
- Experience with source code control tools
- Passionate about games
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). In addition, you can join our company pension scheme. If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you 1900 CAD as congratulations.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support to develop your skills and support you in progressing your career.
Lunch is on us and there is free fresh fruit, snacks, drinks in the office.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.