The role: We are looking for a Regional Manager to join our Pokerstars Sports Commercial team.
The role will initially report into the Commercial Director for Sports however within 6 months a role to lead all Regional Managers (x6 Regional Managers) will be opened.
Are you our next star player?
This is a brand-new role within the group as we expand our Sports activities into the Canadian market prior to licensing and beyond. As the Regional Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that the agreed strategy is being delivered, coordinating and working closely with various partners, internal and external to the Commercial team.
Why we need you
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Be the voice of our Sports customers in Canada
- Work closely with our consumer insights team to build our knowledge of customer motivations, perceptions & behaviours
- Track growth within the market, understanding consumer segments, brands & products driving growth
- Track the business models & activities of our competitors in the market
- Build a deep understanding of the regulatory framework for the market and manage relationships with key partners
- Represent the market and commercial interests in regulatory and compliance matters
- Work closely with the Commercial leadership team to track and analyze commercial performance versus plan and the market
- Work with commercial leadership team to ensure our market strategy takes our market understanding into consideration
- Act as advisor to commercial leadership team on all aspects of decision making in the market
- Brief our breadth of departments on our market strategy and what this means we need them to achieve
- Be the point person with representatives from our sister verticals to ensure strategies across verticals are considered for the Sports customer proposition
- Coordinate the delivery of Canadian initiatives across PokerStars Sports, being the quarter back of the Canadian tribe
- Ensure that the delivery of initiatives is aligned to offer a consistent proposition relevant to our customers
- Identify & rectify issues in our proposition that are not localized to the customers needs
Who we’re looking for
- A good starting knowledge of the Canadian gambling market
- High emotional IQ, with the ability to manage transitional phases effectively & build strong relationships
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, with ability to collaborate effectively
- Analytically minded, able to take away key insight from different data sources
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances & works well under pressure
- Great teammate with personal characteristics that engender trust & confidence
- Inquisitive, always asking why & not stopping until the problem has been solved
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Dublin.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 1,000 EUR for your new addition whilst working for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- access to an onsite gym.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.