The role: Risk Analyst
We are looking for a Risk Analyst to report to the Senior Risk Manager within the Legal and Risk Team of Flutter International division.
Are you our next star player?
In this role, you will operate in the central Legal and Risk team and assist with a wide range of risk management processes and initiatives across the business. The candidate will be interacting with a wide range of people across International Division’s business areas and with the Group functions.
Flutter Entertainment plc is a global sports betting and gaming operator, with a portfolio of leading brands. Continuous innovation across product, marketing, technology and responsible gambling practices, coupled with a world-class creative team combine to create a leading proposition for customers to enjoy. Flutter provides customers with intuitive products that offer market-leading value, promotions and choice. These are powered by in-house technology, trading, development and responsible gambling teams.
The Group is divided into four divisions: UK and Ireland, Australia, US and International. Due to the growth of the Group in recent years, the International Division is newly established. The International Division consists of the PokerStars, Betfair International, Adjarabet and Junglee businesses and operates in over 100 countries. In doing so, the business operates through a mix of locally licenced and offshore business models.
Why we need you:
As a member of the central Legal and Risk team:
- Planning – To assist with the building and maintenance of a detailed project plan for the delivery of the risk management framework with tasks, responsibilities and timelines and support the tracking and reporting on progress to provide a clear project status to management.
- Governance – Assist with the drafting and preparation of materials for risk management meetings and committees plus Board and Exco meetings.
- Reporting – Assist with the production of risk reporting for the stakeholders and senior management of International Division.
- Projects – Assist with risk-oriented projects as required. Establish relationships and work with stakeholders to help move the projects forward.
- Risk Register – Assist with the building and maintenance of the International Division risk register working closely with all business areas.
- Challenge – Scrutinise and critically review risk management content to ensure appropriate identification, quantification, management, mitigation and reporting.
- Audit – Work with Internal Audit and other audit parties as required to help coordinate risk management work and ensure that agreed actions are completed on time.
- Ad hoc support – provide ad hoc support and assistance with a variety of other tasks as required.
- Group code of conduct/ethics – Ensure reference and adherence to both the spirit and letter of the Flutter Group code of conduct in all matters.
Who are we looking for?
The role requires a well-organised and detail-oriented individual with experience in a legal, risk or compliance environment in a regulated international company. Experience in the gaming industry would be an advantage.
The role-holder will have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across departments. He/she will need to take the initiative and multi-task and prioritise work to ensure successful delivery. In particular:
- Good organisational and project management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Experience in organising and managing processes and project work, with a willingness to take ownership and drive forward tasks.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment e.g. gaming, banking or pharmaceutical.
- Confidence to engage with external parties across multiple jurisdictions and the broader stakeholder community.
- Positive and flexible attitude with the ability to deal with ambiguity and take the initiative.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to face stakeholders in a professional and mature manner as there is considerable exposure to senior management across the Group.
- Analytical and able to draw out key insights from reports.
- Strong Competency in the Microsoft Office suite of products plus other related packages e.g. Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Leadership skills and the ability to motivate others to perform when required.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a zoom/ face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org