The role: We are looking for a Risk Assurance Manager to join our busy and dynamic Assurance team in Leeds or Isle of Man.
Why we need you
As a member of the Legal and Risk Department reporting directly to the Senior Manager Risk Assurance within Flutter International, in addition to providing assurance that the design, implementation and operation of risk management are adequate and effective, you will be involved with:
- Developing an assurance plan for the Legal, Risk and Compliance functions plus other business areas across International Division where significant risks exist and need managing.
- Assist teams with the clear and concise definition of deliverables, including agreed measures of success.
- Provide a quality check, initially for the remediation projects that are under way in the compliance and AML functions, to ensure work is delivered as planned and scoped.
- Build and implement effective, business-as-usual, quality assurance methodology for all key compliance, ABC, AML, sanctions, regulatory licensing, safer gambling and other key processes across the Division to help ensure we remain compliant.
- Monitor efforts to improve the quality of control processes.
- Design and implement suitable reporting to ensure that management and applicable governance committees are kept fully appraised with progress on remediation projects and the adequacy of business-as-usual processes.
- Lead efforts to instil a culture of accuracy and process improvement to ensure practices are fit for purpose.
- Champion and communicate the value of quality and precision in the operation and development of Flutter’s control processes.
Who we’re looking for
- A compliance professional or experienced assurance / internal audit manager with at least 5 years’ senior experience in a publicly listed gaming, financial or technology company.
- A successful track record of delivery in a compliance function or other applicable background
- Excellent analytical skills and a drive to understand sophisticated laws and regulations across many jurisdictions
- Ability to identify and understand key issues, remove obstacles and find creative solutions
- Highly focused and structured approach to completing tasks
- Tenacity and resourcefulness to follow through and enforce when challenged
- Excellent teamwork skills and be confident to communicate with impact and relevance at multiple levels across the organisation
- Strong leadership skills with personal credibility and ability to encourage others to perform to a high standard
- Team driven, with the ability to “lead from the front” and “roll up the sleeves” when needed.
- Commercially and customer oriented
- Experience of working in a multi-jurisdictional organisation
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus, and we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- £1,000 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.