The role: We are looking for a Risk and Compliance Manager to join our Legal and Risk, Flutter International team in Leeds.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working flexibly, allowing you to combine working from home with 3 days working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned.
Are you our next star player?
You will report to the Regional Head of Risk and Compliance within the Legal and Risk Team of Flutter International. The jobholder will operate at the heart of the Legal and Risk Function working across every area of the business. The candidate will be required to interact with people at all levels across the International Division’s business areas, while also building and maintaining relationships with key partners across Flutter’s divisional structure and with the Group functions.
Flutter Entertainment plc is a global sports betting and gaming operator, with a portfolio of leading brands. Continuous innovation across product, marketing, technology and responsible gambling practices, coupled with an outstanding creative team combine to build a leading proposition for customers to enjoy. Flutter provides customers with intuitive products that offer market-leading value, promotions and choice. These are powered by in-house technology, trading, development and responsible gambling teams!
The Group is divided into four divisions: UK and Ireland, Australia, US and International. Due to the growth of the Group in recent years, the International Division is newly established. The International Division consists of the PokerStars, Betfair International and Adjarabet businesses that operate in over 100 countries. In doing so, the business operates on a locally licenced and offshore basis!
Why we need you:
As a member of Flutter International’s team:
- Planning – work with Risk and Compliance colleagues to maintain and own a plan for the delivery of the risk management framework with tasks, responsibilities and timelines and track and report on progress to provide a clear project status to management and partners.
- Risk Register – contribute to risk management strategies and approaches to progress towards the team objectives. Support the build out of an effective risk register. Establish risk management processes and procedures.
- Risk Management Framework – using the agreed risk management framework, identify, assess, monitor, handle and report on a continuous basis the risks to which the division is, or could be, exposed, and their interdependencies.
- Challenge – Rigorously challenge and scrutinise risk management processes and procedures to ensure appropriate identification, quantification, management, mitigation and reporting.
- Assurance – Support the Assurance team in alignment of Assurance work · with risk and compliance work.
- Licensing Compliance – Take active responsibility for running compliance activities across multiple jurisdictions including in respect of regulatory changes, licence applications/renewals, marketing compliance, and ongoing regulatory liaison and reporting. Assist colleagues across the broader Compliance Licensing department in the interpretation of regulatory obligations and assist with the management of other licences as the need arises.
- Reporting – Support the design, build and implementation of suitable risk and compliance reporting for the partners and senior management of International Division.
- Briefings – Prepare updates and reports for a range of meetings including periodic check-ins for department-wide meetings and Exco, board and committee meetings.
- Projects – Manage and coordinate the efforts of various teams and workstream owners based in different jurisdictions/time-zones. Consistently challenge, support, question, monitor and report on their progress and achievements and make sure to communicate to relevant partners in a clear manner and at the appropriate level of detail. Establish relationships and work with key partners to move the project forward.
- Audit – Support management in ensuring agreed actions are completed in time working with Internal Audit and other audit parties.
- Group code of conduct/ethics – Ensure reference and adherence to both the spirit and letter of the Flutter Group code of conduct in all matters.
Who we’re looking for:
The role requires an experienced project manager or risk management professional with proven experience in legal/risk/compliance roles in publicly listed, highly regulated, and international companies.
You have strong interpersonal and project management skills with excellent attention to detail. Shown experience in leading risk management, compliance and change projects (preferably cross functional), with consistent track record to take ownership of all aspects of a project from concept to completion. You have experience of working in a heavily regulated environment e.g. gaming, banking and pharmaceutical. Experience with engaging with regulators across multiple jurisdictions, external advisers and the broader partner community.
You are positive and flexible attitude with the ability to deal with ambiguity and take the initiative. Self-disciplined, proactive, takes ownership, well organised and willing to challenge with clear attention to detail. Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to face external and internal partners in a professional and mature manner as there is considerable exposure to senior leaders across the Group.
You possess commercial acumen and business knowledge. You are analytical and able to draw out key insights from reports with strong knowledge in the Microsoft Office suite of products plus other related packages e.g. Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Please, have in mind we will be working against a hybrid approach. Our strong preference is that all team members are physically in their assigned office for at least 3 days per week.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
Flutter International is a part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.