Are you our next star player?
PokerStars is looking for a Scrum Master for our Richmond Hill office. We’re looking for someone who has proven Agile leadership skills, the ability to think critically, problem solve, and has a track-record of working in different Agile methodologies. The individual in this role would be responsible for overseeing and facilitating the smooth running of our Core Agile delivery teams.
Why we need you:
• Responsible for ensuring teams live and breathe Agile values and principles and follows processes
and practices that the team has agreed work best for them.
• Ensure there is a good relationship between the team and product owner, as well as others outside
• Ensure Scrum, Agile, and BDD methodologies are properly applied.
• Ensure various method concepts are acquired and accepted, and that roles are correctly distributed
and understood by the team (product owner, developer, QA, etc.)
• Responsible for acting as an Agile/BDD coach within the team (product owner included)
• Organize and facilitate various methodology ceremonies.
• Identify and drive continuous improvement through the team, while at the same time actively
participate, collaborate, and communicate within the Agile guild solving wider challenge and driving
Who we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is important, as is registrations/certifications
(Scrum Master Certification A-CSM, CSP-SM, or PSM II).
• Eagerness to work as a team to solve problems without requiring micromanagement.
• Ability to act as a mentor and lead other developers of less experience.
• Ability to coordinate with both external and internal teams.
• Experience with different estimation techniques and engaging daily stand-up and
retrospectives ceremonies is essential.
• Excellent communication skills including English language skills, analytical, and people skills.
• Experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in
the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: various burndown technologies,
many Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
• Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: user stories, ATDD, TDD,
continuous integration, continuous testing, pairing, automated testing, agile games, etc.
• Flexibility of working hours to work with cross-regional teams across the world.
Bonus (we can still talk if this isn’t you):
• Demonstrable experience coaching a team though an Agile transformation
• Shown experience with Agile/Scrum methodology as well as experience with the Atlassian
Portfolio of products
• Additional experience with large scale integration projects preferred.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
– Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
– $1,900 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
– Discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
– free snacks and catered lunch
– in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
We hope that we’ve answered as many of your questions about working at the PokerStars as possible, but if you still have some questions, why not try visiting our FAQ page?Find your answers here