We are looking for Senior Application Security Specialist to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Canada office.
Our tech teams can work remotely within country, occasionally you’ll need to come to the office. Not often, but up to 4-5 times a month and of course, we’ll cover all related expenses. Working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned.
Why we need you
On this position your main responsibilities will be:
- Creating, improving and assessing a suitable application-level security framework to harden our online services and prevent cyber-attacks. With this, you’ll be researching, designing and implementing the means to mitigate software security risks.
- Leading implementation and continuous improvement of application level security framework.
- You will work with our development teams and educate them on application security aspects and best practices. to ensure what we build is secure and protects our players and systems from risk.
- Executing code scans using niche tools, complemented by selective manual review as well as maintaining and configuring code scanning tools.
Who we’re looking for
Essential skills and experience:
- Extensive work experience in the field of information/software security
- Deep knowledge and understanding of software weaknesses (CWE, OWASP)
- Cryptography and networking protocols
- Experience with static code analysis tools such as SonarQube
- Experience with dynamic analysis tools such as BurpSuite
- Experience with the OWASP Top 10, OWASP Top 10 proactive controls, and secure web development methodologies
- A solid grasp of web security and Window’s internals
- Experience working with agile development teams and a Secure SDLC.
- Experience working with compiled languages and in particular C++
- Machine learning techniques and knowledge of compiler technologies
- A keen interest in security and a strong desire to learn new technologies
- As we transition into an agile delivery methodology the ideal candidate will drive a DevSecOps approach to ensure that key security controls are hard wired into our software delivery pipelines.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- $1,900 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- Discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
- free snacks and catered lunch
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a general Zoom call. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a more specific 1-hour Zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.