The Role: Senior Associate, Consumer Engagement & Public Relations
We are looking for a Senior Associate, Consumer Engagement & Public Relations to join our busy and dynamic Group Public Relations and Consumer Engagement team.
Why we need you:
The Senior Associate of Consumer Engagement & Public Relations will play a core role in the Consumer Engagement, Experiential Marketing & Public Relations team in developing and executing consumer engagement, public relations and communications activities that support the marketing, brand and communications goals for PokerStars and its associated brands. From global entertainment campaigns, to localised activations, this role will leverage insights, agencies and research to devise creative strategies that bring the brands to life and engage a variety of audiences. This person is a storyteller and an opportunity seeker who digs into truly understanding the PokerStars community with the goal of creating activities and pitching stories that entertain and excite.
Who are we looking for:
With support from the wider team, the Senior Associate of Consumer Engagement & Public Relations will take on a variety of projects alongside team members to ensure every aspect is optimised and thought through such as partnership activation, earned media strategy development, interdepartmental support, influencer activation, media content creation, and tracking and reporting, but will also take the lead on many key projects across multiple international brands including a focus on new and emerging markets.
- Assist in the development and execution of activities and events to support business objectives, product awareness and brand activity across poker, sports, casino and beyond, while recommending PR-led activations that drive awareness of who PokerStars is, our products and activities, and our various services and tools such as our responsible gaming offering
- Play a core role at key global events sponsored and/or operated by the Company. This includes leveraging the event for activations, media hosting and product activity and engagement, as well as dealing with media, celebrities, brand ambassadors and corporate executives attending these events
- Conduct ongoing news coverage monitoring, analysis and distribution and presentation of reports on international consumer engagement and communications activities
- Assist in the development and management of ongoing communications and sharing between the team and internal stakeholders, including dissemination of information, materials and sharing of best practices
- Develop plans and content including drafting press releases and other communications, briefing and media materials
- Work with, and manage, brand and media partners as well as third parties on Engagement and PR-led campaigns
- Support the Senior Manager and Associate Director as a key team member, and collaborate with and advise a variety of stakeholders across the business.
Skills and Capabilities
- Knowledge of and experience working with/in brand activations, public relations, media relations and event management
- Strong people skills
- Excellent writing ability
- Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with a variety of internal departments, agencies, freelancers, and press.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to jump into projects at any given time, with the capability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Flexibility to travel and work unusual hours as needed
- High attention to detail
- Willingness to question the ‘why’ and understand insights and learnings when creating new plans and ideas
- Ability to lead by initiative, always looking to optimise plans and processes, connect the dots, and look for new opportunities for growth
- Experience working with marketing and PR departments
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills
- Customer service orientation with passion for stellar service delivery
- Experience with report analysis and ability to give recommendations based on results of various activities and reports
- Interest in gaming and/or previous experience in poker and sports.
- Experience with working with media and celebrities
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Dublin.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 1,000 EUR for your new addition whilst working for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- access to an onsite gym.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a zoom/face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.