The role: Senior Backend Engineer with NodeJS
We are looking for a Senior NodeJS Engineer to join our StarsPlay team in Hyderabad.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned.
Are you our next star player?
The StarsPlay Team develops Free to Play Social Casino Games, and as a member of our team your focus will be ensuring that our products meet the highest level of quality. We are a team of 15 young, friendly and passionate people who love playing games, developing quality software and eating burgers.
Why we need you
- Development of social casino games backend.
- Work with product managers and partners to review specifications and acceptance criteria.
- Proactively provide updates and report on all development activities in a timely manner.
- Assist and mentor other team members in resolving technical issues.
Who we’re looking for
- Knowledge of Node.js and libraries available for it such as Express, Mongoose, Passport
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Problem solver
- Result focused
- Good teammate
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- cash allowance for health and dental care
- company pension scheme
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- 34,000 INR as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- discounted gym membership
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.