The role: Senior / Big Data Engineer
We are looking for a Senior / Big Data Engineer to join our busy and dynamic Data Platform team based in our London office.
Why we need you:
We are looking for a dynamic and analytical Senior / Big Data Engineer who is passionate about Big Data Technologies. We are building a next generation hybrid platform with an on-premise Hadoop cluster and Azure.
Our team is focused on harnessing the power of real-time processing. Within our team you will work on projects related to fraud prevention, anomaly detection, supporting data science models, and marketing promotions. You will start working on complex projects that will impact the business starting from day one.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build real time stream processors using technologies like Apache Flink, Kafka, HBase, HDFS, HIVE and many others
- Choose the right technology and proper data design and implementation in various projects and solutions
- Demonstrate hands-on skills in processing large data sets, expertise in data structure, data access patterns, Big Data concepts, and optimization techniques
- Build robust end-to-end systems with long term maintenance and support of the application
Who are we looking for
- Experience in implementing large scale real-time data projects within a big data environment
- Experience in stream processing in distributed real-time systems with technologies like Storm, Flink, and Kafka
- Experience with Hive, SQL and NoSQL databases
- Java programming experience.
- Knowledge of Python, Scala, and Linux
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience with streaming technologies
- Experience in any other Hadoop based technologies
- Experience with data migration to a cloud environment
- Knowledge of the gambling industry
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to London.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- annual travel loans
- subsidised massage sessions
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.