The role: Senior Big Data Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Big Data Engineer to join our busy and dynamic Data Platform team based in our Dublin office.
Why we need you:
We are building a next generation hybrid platform with an on-premise Hadoop cluster and AWS.
Our team is focused on harnessing the power of real-time processing. Within our team you will work on projects related to fraud prevention, anomaly detection, supporting data science models, and marketing promotions. You will start working on complex projects that will impact the business starting from day one.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Architect, build, and manage real time stream processors using technologies like Apache Flink, Kafka, HBase, HDFS, HIVE and many others
- Leverage your expertise to choose the right technology and proper data design and implementation in various projects and solutions
- Take ownership of complex problems and formulate plans of attack that fit into the existing architecture
- Demonstrate hands-on skills in processing large data sets, expertise in data structure, data access patterns, Big Data concepts, and optimization techniques
- Build robust end-to-end systems with long term maintenance and support
- Communicate effectively to stakeholders
- Architect Machine Learning pipelines to support real-time and batch data science models
Who are we looking for:
- Experience in implementing large scale real-time data projects within a big data environment (5+ years)
- Java programming experience. (5+ years)
- Experience in real-time stream processing in distributed real-time systems with technologies like Flink, and Kafka (3+ years)
- Experience with Hive, SQL and NoSQL databases (3+ years)
- Knowledge of Python, Scala, and Linux
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience with streaming technologies
- Experience in any other Hadoop based technologies
- Experience with data migration to a cloud environment
- Knowledge of the gambling industry
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Dublin.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 1,000 EUR for your new addition whilst working for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- access to an onsite gym.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a Zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.