We are looking for a Senior Brand Manager to join our Brand & Creative team, based in our Leeds office.
Are you our next star player?
Following a rebrand in 2020, the time has come to bring in top calibre brand talent to help us in the next stage of our plans and ensure our brand vision, strategy and creative sit right at the heart of our marketing and broader business efforts.
If last year saw us lay good foundations, 2021 is the year we take this to the next level, deploying the creative and strategic thinking which will help our brand stay/become a disruptive market leader across markets and verticals. A global powerhouse of an entertainment brand.
To help us do this, we are creating a small but perfectly formed unit of brilliant brand thinkers. Those who believe in the power of brands to make customers feel connected to an organisation and champion the idea that brand and business working together is the best way to achieve commercial performance.
The Senior Brand Manager – Verticals – will be responsible for ensuring that best in class brand and creative planning sits at the heart of our global vertical activity (Poker, Casino & Sportsbet) .They will help unlock the insights that lead to brilliant creative work and be the right hand person to our vertical colleagues in marketing , engagement and studio who want to execute our brand to its fullest potential across channels, touchpoints and outputs.
Why we need you: –
- Working with the Associate Director of Brand and Campaigns, you will be responsible for embedding our brand in the work we do with the verticals (Poker, Casino & Sports) across planning, development and execution
- With the Campaigns team, you will be responsible for the creative development of hero TTL campaigns across markets. Those which win hearts and minds. In particular you will play a key role in:
- Leading the strategic thinking on new vertical creative briefs – On tier 1 briefs being responsible for the development of this key deliverable and briefing this into our agencies and internal creative teams
- Supporting the campaigns team on the development of tactical creative briefs on an ongoing basis
- Supporting in the development of distinctive, category disruptive creative work – providing critical thinking to help our cross functional team of agency and internal creatives get to the best creative work (whilst ensuring all creative is on brand!)
- Supporting on the definition of cross channel creative strategies – defining how campaigns are expressed/developed across campaign phases and channels and how creative platforms evolve from campaign to campaign
- In collaboration with broader marketing teams, you will help shape multi-channel campaign and media plans – with your role particularly focussing on optimised communications planning across media types
- Defining the role of channels for communicating different messaging
- Working with the performance marketing team to bridge the gap between brand and performance planning and execution on new campaigns
- With closely with PR, to help shape briefs for earned media – maximising the impact of our campaigns, ensuring they feel truly multi-channel
- With Planning & strategy driving forward a learning/innovation agenda when it comes to media and multi-channel thinking
- With Planning & Strategy, work to develop & position vertical propositions so they are reflective of our brand strategy
- Working with the customer understanding team to understand the health of our brand across verticals and use this as the launching off point to define better communications and creative planning
- Being a brand guardian and the custodian of our vertical brand guidelines – working with studio design leads to ensure our visual assets are reflective of the brand architecture
- Supporting vertical teams in the development of their brand touch-points ‘beyond advertising’ – this may cover a wide cross-section of touchpoints – product, CRM, social etc.
- Supporting Vertical Marketing Heads/Planning and Strategy in developing a long term view/plan for those verticals, ensuring our brand goals and targets are kept at the forefront if people’s minds
Who are we looking for: –
- A brand and creative thinker with 5+ years’ experience working with top calibre global brands – either agency or client side
- Betting and Gaming experience is advantageous but not essential, however a keen understanding of our sector and its challenges and opportunities is critical.
- Is a customer champion, who can identify and spot those insights/tensions that other brands miss, getting us to better briefs and creative solutions
- Has a keen eye for solid and distinctive brand execution – can recognise when solutions are answering and going beyond the brief
- Has experience across a wide range of brand disciplines – it is not required for you to be an expert in all of these things but some experience in one or more of the following is essential: Brand consulting/strategy, Brand management, Proposition development, Portfolio Management/brand architecture, Communications Planning, Creative Planning/strategy, Insight.
- A skilled relationship manager and influencer you’ll build strong, sustainable business relationships across teams whilst constructively promoting a bold agenda
- Particular experience in driving forward innovative and disruptive creative work is key
- Particular experience in aligning stakeholders around a consistent brand architecture/portfolio strategy would be advantageous
- Strong communication skills, creative flair and experience of bringing ideas & plans to life
- Dynamic, agenda setting individual capable of working within a multi-location team and across multiple markets
- Excellent communicator and presenter of ideas
- Someone who is culturally curious – you find inspiration everywhere to hone and shape the way you think about brands. Whether that be the latest by Byron sharp, a new gallery exhibit or the latest tiktok sensation.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- Option to join our company pension scheme
- £1,000 as a congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- Discounted gym membership
- In-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- Free fresh fruit and drinks in the office
- Social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, we’ll invite you for a Zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.