The role: Senior Brand Manager
We are looking for a Senior Brand Manager to join the PokerStars Marketing team in Leeds.
Are you our next star player?
As part of the newly formed Flutter International Division, part of the largest gaming company in the world, The Pokerstars Marketing team is gearing up for a period of rapid expansion to fulfil its plan and vision to become one of the world’s leading gaming brands. This growth will be driven by both product and geographical diversification. Marketing will be the core driver over the next 5 years and the Head of Brand will have a pivotal role in our success.
Why we need you
Following a rebrand in 2020, the time has come to bring in top calibre brand talent to help us in the next stage of our plans and ensure our brand and creative activities sit right at the heart of our marketing and broader business efforts.
To help us do this, we are creating a new look brand team to lead the development of our brand platform and act as our brands guardians. Individuals who:
- Believe in the power of brands to make customers feel connected to an organisation
- Champion the idea that brand and business working together is the best way to achieve commercial performance.
- Passionately believe in the outcomes driven by our creative output
- Are obsessed with execution and its effectiveness, people who thrive on getting an idea from brief to output
As part of this role you will be;
- Working with the Head/Associate Director of Brand, you will be responsible for overseeing creative development of our BAU campaigns from planning to development to final execution
- Developing the creative brief on campaign briefs
- Managing the briefing into our agency teams and creative – Managing agency relationships, budgeting and cost control , and delivery of creative against broader integrated campaign timelines
- Focussed on ensuring our creative product is accurate, compliant and delivered efficiently/right first time
- Supporting the campaigns team on the development of 360 campaign plans with a focus on creative messaging, execution and asset delivery
- Supporting in the development of distinctive, category disruptive creative work – providing critical thinking to help our cross functional team of agency and internal creatives/studio get to the best creative work (whilst ensuring all creative is on brand!)
- Supporting on the definition of cross channel creative strategies– defining how creative is expressed/developed across campaign phases and channels and how creative platforms evolve from campaign to campaign
- In collaboration with broader marketing teams, you will feed into multi-channel campaign and media plans – with your role particularly focussing on optimised communication planning and creative execution across media types
- Working with the performance marketing team to bridge the gap between brand and performance planning and execution on new campaigns
- With closely with PR, to help shape briefs for earned media – maximising the impact of our campaigns, ensuring they feel truly multi-channel
- With Planning & strategy driving forward a learning/innovation agenda when it comes to creative use of media and multi-channel thinking
- With Planning & Strategy, work to develop & position vertical propositions so they are reflective of our brand strategy
- Working with the customer understanding team to understand the health of our brand across verticals and use this as the launching off point to define better communications and creative planning
- Being a brand guardian and the custodian of our vertical brand guidelines – working with studio design leads to ensure our visual assets are reflective of the brand architecture
Supporting vertical teams in the development of their brand touch-points ‘beyond advertising’ – this may cover a wide cross-section of touchpoints – product, CRM, social etc.
What we’re looking for
- A brand and creative thinker with 5+ years’ experience working with top calibre global brands – either agency or client side
- Betting and Gaming experience is advantageous but not essential, however a keen understanding of our sector and its challenges and opportunities is critical.
- Is a customer champion, who can identify and spot those insights/tensions that other brands miss, getting us to better briefs and creative solutions
- Has a keen eye for solid and distinctive brand execution – can recognise when solutions are answering and going beyond the brief
- A skilled relationship manager and influencer you’ll build strong, sustainable business relationships across teams whilst constructively promoting a bold agenda
- Strong communication skills, creative flair and experience of bringing ideas & plans to life
- Dynamic, agenda setting individual capable of working within a multi-location team and across multiple markets
- Fierce attention to detail
- Excellent communicator and presenter of ideas
- Someone who is culturally curious – you find inspiration everywhere to hone and shape the way you think about brands. Whether that be the latest by Byron Sharp, a new gallery exhibit or the latest TikTok sensation.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a Zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.