We are looking for a Senior Brand Manager to join our Brand & Creative team, based in our Leeds office.
Are you our next star player?
Following our rebrand in 2020, the time has come to bring in top calibre brand talent to help us in the next stage of our plans and ensure our brand vision, strategy and creative sit right at the heart of our marketing and broader business efforts.
If last year saw us lay good foundations, 2021 is the year in which we take this to the next level, deploying the creative and strategic thinking which will help our brand stay/become a disruptive market leader. This includes us harnessing our ambition to make our Masterbrand a true community focussed brand and entertainment behemoth.
To help us do this, we are creating a small but perfectly formed unit of brilliant brand thinkers. Those who believe in the power of brands to make customers feel connected to an organisation and champion the idea that brand and business working together is the best way to achieve commercial performance.
The Senior Brand Manager – Masterbrand – will be responsible for guardianship of our Masterbrand – its strategy, roadmap and development. We have secured robust investment to execute Masterbrand activities in 2021. These will be mould breaking acts of marketing across paid, owned and earned media and you will be central to their development and deployment. However, 2021 is just the start. This role is also about looking to the future developing the strategies, plans and business cases for ongoing Masterbrand investment across markets.
Why we need you: –
- Working with the Global Creative Director & Associate Director of Brand and Campaigns, you will own and be responsible for the ongoing development and delivery of the Masterbrand strategy and roadmap
- With the Campaign Manager (Masterbrand) and PR team, You will brief, plan and deploy major brand Activations in key tier 1 markets with core responsibilities including:
- Overall budget management – ensuring activations are delivered on brief and on budget
- Creative brief development – leading the strategic thinking to develop clear and concise masterbrand briefs.
- Ensuring effective creative delivery against brief – Bringing together agency partners from media, creative and PR to get to innovative, ground breaking creative solutions
- Defining cross channel execution plans ensuring activations deliver maximum impact
- Building robust measurement plans for these activations working with the Planning and Strategy teams
- You will be central to the development of innovative brand/media partnerships for the Masterbrand, identifying opportunities with brands, influencers etc. that will add credibility to our community ethos
- With our creative and Branded Content team, you will help define and build out recommendations for the development of a masterbrand owned channel eco system with a particular focus on social media
- You will be a key stakeholder and brand guardians for broader teams (merchandise, live events) looking to bring to market new masterbrand activations
- You will be the champion of our Safer Gaming communications strategy – helping define a bold Safer Gaming agenda for the Pokerstars brand
- You will collaborate with the Planning and Strategy and Go To Market teams to help shape and deploy Dark Market Strategies
- Thinking longer term, you will help build plans and proposals for Roadmap 2.0 – a long term vision for the direction of the Masterbrand and the ongoing development of Masterbrand propositions
Who are we looking for: –
- A brand and creative thinker with 5+ years’ experience working with top calibre global brands – either agency or client side
- Betting and Gaming experience is advantageous but not essential, however a keen understanding of our sector and its challenges and opportunities is critical.
- Has a keen eye for solid and distinctive brand execution – can recognise when solutions are answering and going beyond the brief
- Has experience across a wide range of brand communication disciplines – The focus of this role is skewed to brand activation across earned and owned media so previous experience in PR, experiential, content, social, innovation or brand extension would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in defining what top calibre customer experiences looks like
- Is a customer champion, who understands the way the customers want to engage with and experience brands in the here and now – someone who sees brand as far more than advertising touchpoints or visual symbols/systems
- A skilled relationship manager and influencer you’ll build strong, sustainable business relationships across teams whilst constructively promoting a bold agenda
- Particular experience in aligning stakeholders around a consistent brand architecture/portfolio strategy would be advantageous
- Strong communication skills, creative flair and experience of bringing ideas & plans to life
- Dynamic, agenda setting individual capable of working within a multi-location team and across multiple markets
- Excellent communicator and presenter of ideas
- Someone who is culturally curious – you absorb sources of influencer and inspiration from everywhere to hone and shape the way you think about brands. Whether that be the latest by Byron sharp, a new gallery exhibit or the latest tiktok sensation.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to London.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- Option to join our company pension scheme
- £1,000 as a congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- Discounted gym membership
- In-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- Free fresh fruit and drinks in the office
- Social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, we’ll invite you for a Zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.