The role: Senior CMBD Engineer
We are looking for a Senior CMBD Engineer to join our team in Bulgaria.
Our tech teams work remotely within Bulgaria, occasionally you’ll need to come to the office in Sofia. Not often, but up to 4-5 times a month and of course, we’ll cover all related expenses. Working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned.
Are you our next star player?
We are looking for a talented individual to develop and support the technical design, implementation, on-going management and continuous improvements of Atlassian Insight CMDB.
You will participate in all aspects of CMDB management, including: planning, operations, management and governance, system performance and administration, data maintenance, process development and support, data source review, asset discovery, integration methods and development, reporting, ITSM workflow development, and documentation.
This role will involve recurring assessment of business value, with a strong emphasis on delivering CMDB initiatives that support and enhance Configuration, Change, Release, Incident and Problem management processes; driving ITAM, SAM, Service Catalog and Service Lifecycle capabilities and practices; verification, compliance and audit adherence.
Experienced with discovery and service maps to maintain an accurate CMDB, as well as creating integrations with systems and applications to automate processes, this role requires extensive collaboration with software Developers, DevOps and IT Support and Operation teams to create and validate Service Maps for key applications, technical and business-related services.
Our search is on for a dedicated engineer who breathes relational data, loves bringing order to chaos, and delights in enabling IT Service Management in all its forms. This opportunity will support a dynamic, innovative, and enthusiastic individual who is keen to drive significant change within our organization building a world class Configuration and CMDB solution.
Why we need you
- Responsible for the strategic definition, implementation and management of the governance, standards, processes, procedures and policies for CMDB functionality
- Ensures that CMDB effectively supports the needs of ITSM (Change, Incident, Problem, Release, ITAM, SAM) and the ability to successfully track incidents and problems related to change items and track relationship between for change planning, projections and risk assessment
- Identify opportunities for integration and automation with product teams SDLC, release pipelines, monitoring and alerting systems; ensuring that CMDB is a reliable repository of data as technical changes progress through environments into production
- Participate in planning, designing and definition of data governance, federation standards, management data repositories and service models to maintain accurate configuration information, flexibility, performance and usability optimization by distributing data across multiple sources
- Collaborate with IT Systems, Engineering and DevOps teams to plan and manage the integration of discovery and configuration management systems including tooling, discovery methods, automation and maintenance of non-discoverable CI attributes and data import methods
- Provides subject matter expertise and technical development / delivery support to establish core capabilities and provide ongoing Jira and Insight enhancements for CMDB resulting in a structured and graphical representation of data in a single source of truth
- Supports design, development, and implementation of CMDB schema and management processes, including identifying suitable and appropriate Configuration Item (CI) types, CI attributes, and CI relationships tracked in CMDB
- Works with CI Data Owners and other stakeholders to ensure the quality and timely CI data updates in CMDB by integrating CI management into the development cycles and development tasks in Jira
- Ensures that the CI Data Owners can effectively manage their CI data, providing access management and associated processes for identifying, tracking, controlling and managing change
- Develops and documents the governance policies, processes, and procedures required to ensure the integrity of the CMDB data
- Provides guidance and training to the IT teams on concepts, principles and good design; and regulates their activities in support of the maintenance and continued adoption of CMDB
- Facilitate communication and engage business and IT management to encourage configuration management efforts and value proposition
- Assists IT Audit managers with audit inquiries and reports to ensure process compliance and accuracy of CMDB data
Who we’re looking for
- Experience with Atlassian application stack and Insight add-on management and integration design & implementation
- 5+ years relevant experience with Configuration Management / CMDB / Automated Discovery as well as process improvement in a technology organization
- Thorough understanding of ITIL processes with deep knowledge of the various ITSM stages, including but not limited to: Configuration Management, Software Asset Management, IT Asset Management
- Proficient in Web service and API architecture design patterns (REST), protocols (SOAP), and integrations
- Well versed in Agile (or Lean) methodologies and DevOps principles & practices
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse, multi-cultural and remotely located internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
- Experience with IT Compliance and Audit regulations, requirements, and procedures (e.g. ISO, PCI-DSS)
- Preferred ITIL or in Configuration Management field certification
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Bulgaria.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- Social benefit package contributing to your lunch and transportation expenses.
- 1,000 BGN as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- MultySport membership
- In-house training and development of your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.