In our Senior Compliance Manager role, you will be responsible for the co-ordination, development and embedding of the Group’s compliance framework for several licenced countries across both the PokerStars and Betfair brands.
Are you our next star player?
You most likely are an experienced compliance professional, looking for your next challenge. We believe you’ve found it, come join our growing team! You’ll have a wide remit of responsibility, but you can expect to have one or more Compliance analysts as part of your team. We’ll be looking for you to provide expertise in the following areas:
- Take sole active responsibility for running all compliance issues in several jurisdictions including in respect of regulatory changes, licence applications/renewals, marketing compliance, and ongoing regulatory liaison and reporting. [N.B. Prior experience in all of these areas is not required but a strong ability to learn is crucial.]
- Lead Compliance Analysts in their role of handling the day to day requirements of the assigned licences (monitoring and oversight, regulatory reporting, regulatory communication, audits management, games submissions, liaising and internal partners) and act as the first point of escalation for any queries / disputes relating to the above
- Understand, supervise and review all developments within the regulatory environment, recognising areas which need improvements and acknowledging risks within the business
- Maintain relationships across the business to ensure partners are aware of new upcoming regulations, highlighting any risks and coordinate implementation as the need arises. Be a great teammate when it comes to relationships within the business
- Ensure that relationship with all regulatory bodies are kept to the highest standard
- Lead compliance in relation to products, strategies and operational processes and procedures, working with partners and management
- Assist the wider Compliance Licensing department which interpretation of regulations and be able to assist with management of other licenses as and when needed
- Undertake ad hoc projects and duties as determined by Senior Management
Who are we looking for:
The following are crucial criteria for us:
- Must be fluent in English and have excellent communication skills
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in a legal / compliance / regulatory / auditing / accounting function
- Experience of working with external third parties such as regulators and external auditors
- Experience of interpreting and applying legislation or regulation within a company context
- Experience gained in a large organisation and the ability to interact with partners at various levels, both internally and externally
- Good presentation / training skills
- Well organised, able to plan and prioritise work schedules and individual tasks
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Prepared to undertake international travel on an ad hoc basis
The following credentials are a distinct advantage, but not crucial for the role:
- Qualified and practising lawyer
- Qualified and practising accountant
- Prior line management experience
- Previous online gaming industry background
- Good understanding of online gaming and awareness of current global issues affecting online gaming
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.