The role: Senior Compliance Manager – America
We are looking for a Senior Compliance Manager – America to join our Legal & Compliance team based in our Malta office.
Are you our next star player?
“If you want to make a real difference and impact the way a global organisation does business worldwide, then join Flutter International’s Licensing Compliance team. A diverse team, we pride ourselves on our work ethic but make sure to have loads of fun along the way. Our ‘team first’ attitude ensures plenty of collaboration and a broad range of challenging and diverse work activities for the successful applicant”. Mark McHugh, Head of Regulatory Licensing
Why we need you:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the co-ordination, development and embedding of the Group’s compliance framework within assigned country licences (existing and new licences being granted during 2021) and for Flutter International’s technical compliance team. In addition, the successful candidate will provide training to the broader Compliance department on product compliance. Finally, the successful candidate will provide support to other Compliance Managers on an ad hoc basis and to Regulatory Counsel regarding technical and product requirements in emerging markets.
- Manage Compliance Analysts in their role of handling the day to day requirements in relation to the assigned licences (regulatory reporting, regulatory communication, key notifications, audits management, games submissions, liaising with external parties and internal stakeholders)
- Overview the development of the technical compliance function, working with the team to assist them further build out the function, including the development of processes and procedures with the broader Compliance function and the business as a whole
- Understand, monitor and review all developments within the regulatory environment, recognising areas which need improvements and acknowledging risks within the business.
- Manage relationships with the business to ensure stakeholders are aware of new upcoming regulations, highlighting any risks and coordinate implementation as required. Be a team player in relation to relationship with the business
- Ensure that relationship with all regulatory bodies are kept to the highest standard
- Manage compliance in relation to products, strategies and operational processes and procedures, working with stakeholders and management
- Prepare and deliver training on product compliance
- Assist the legal function with its understanding of technical and/or product compliance when evaluating new licensing regimes.
- Undertake ad hoc projects and duties as determined by Senior Management
Who we are looking for:
- Must be fluent in English and have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in a compliance / regulatory / auditing function, with a strong technical compliance background
- Experience of working with regulators, external auditors and inspectors
- Experience of interpreting and applying legislation within a company context
- Experience in compiling information from various stakeholders
- Good presentation / training skills
- Well organised, able to plan and prioritise work schedules and individual tasks
- Motivated, hardworking, able to manage self and other tasks to meet required deadlines
- Able to confidently communicate with staff at all levels
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Prepared to undertake international travel when and where needed
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Second language such as Spanish
- Previous online gaming industry background
- Good understanding of online gaming and awareness of current global issues affecting online gaming
- Experience gained in a large organization and the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally will be a distinct advantage
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Malta.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- 1000 EUR as a congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- cash allowance for lunch.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.