The role: Senior Data Analyst
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our busy and dynamic Poker Delivery team in our Toronto, Richmond Hill office.
Why we need you:-
As Senior Data Analyst you will play a key part in growing Stars Group’s poker business as well as collaborating with other business intelligence, data science, and general analytics organizations within the larger business.
Define requirements and metrics to build end-to-end reporting solutions that measure and monitor technical and business projects.
- Design and build a system health dashboard that merges data from many sources.
- Build BI dashboards that track and display values and trends for group key performance indicators.
- Collaborate with the technical team to establish protocols to extract data in a standardized process from a variety of data sources.
- Validate product hypothesis and measure impact of rolled out products.
- Promote data-driven decision making across the team, using tools such as Tableau, SQL, and Excel.
- Articulate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner, both in speech and writing; understand the audience and tailor messages accordingly.
- Perform ETL process for large datasets from disconnected databases of both structured and unstructured type.
- Contribute to long term vision to support the data needs of poker commercial and technology teams.
- Collaborate with other groups in the company to define data reporting standards.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Who are we looking for:-
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in (STEM subject) Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics.
- Relevant professional experience in Analytics or other quantitative disciplines.
- Practical experience with large datasets, data transformation and analysis tools of your preference (Python, R, SQL).
- Experience with data analytics tools (Power BI, SAS).
- Highly proficient with MS Excel (pivot tables, functions, charting).
- Solid understanding of relational data models, schemas, and data warehousing concepts.
- Previous experience working within geographically distributed infrastructure teams/environments and with back-end technologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively in speaking and writing with both business and technical audiences.
- Ability to work collaboratively with geographically distributed teams.
- Strong analytical skills, self-reliance, and resilient.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:-
- Interest in poker, and the gambling/gaming industry.
- Ability to optimize processes and documentation to support acquisition, validation, organization, and storage of data.
- Academic or professional knowledge of in both Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies.
- Ability to identify appropriate machine learning algorithms and implement them to support forecasting and predictive modelling.
- Desire to continuously improve skillset through online courses, certifications, and part-time advanced degrees.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- Paid for lunches, as well as fresh fruit, snacks and drinks around the office
- regular on-site yoga sessions
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a zoom/face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com).
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.