The role: Senior Data Platform Administrator
We are looking for a Senior Data Platform Administrator to join our busy and dynamic Analytics team in our Bulgaria office.
Are you our next star player?
This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance of the critical Data Platform system (to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate Data Platform solution) in addition to the development and sustainment of the SQL Server DWH, Azure Data Platform and supporting services ensuring their operational readiness (health and performance).
Why we need you:
- Manage SQL Server databases
- Manage Azure Data Platform
- Support in monitoring and auditing infrastructure systems through multiple product lifecycle environments (from development to mission-critical production systems)
- Maintain database servers
- Maintain data platform infrastructure and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance and availability.
- Independently analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist Data Engineers and Developers with designing, implementing, and maintaining sophisticated data platform solutions
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members
Who are we looking for
- 2 + years’ experience with MS SQL Server Administration
- Hold an academic degree in Computer Science or IT/IS.
- 1+ years’ experience with Azure SQL Database and related Azure services.
- Proficient using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with Database backups, restores and recovery models and Windows server.
- Familiar with network and version control system fundamentals.
- An upbeat person and proactive problem solver
- Great organizational skills and can plan work independently.
- Flexible and easily adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Can multitask and context-switch effectively between different tasks and teams and have a quality-oriented approach.
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience or passion for e-gaming would be advantageous.
- Experience with VLDB, 10s TB and MCTS, MCITP and/or relevant certifications is desirable.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Bulgaria.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 1,000 BGN for your new addition whilst working for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- contribution towards your transportation and lunch expenses
- relaxation areas around the office, including a PlayStation and Pool table
- sports program and social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a zoom/face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.