THE ROLE: SENIOR DATA PRODUCT OWNER
We are looking for a Senior Data Product Owner to join our dynamic and innovative Data & Analytics tribe in our Bulgaria office.
ARE YOU OUR NEXT STAR PLAYER?
Reporting directly to the Head of Product Data, not only will you be operating a high performing squad of your own, but you will also be responsible for coaching and guiding several Data Product Owners. You will be building a product mindset for the Data & Analytics tribe, to direct how we deliver great solutions, which bring amazing value to our stakeholders and customers.
You will be joining at a time of significant change for the Data & Analytics tribe, as we adopt new ways of working (Agile Scrum) and build a next-gen data platform (AWS). We need excellent product ownership capabilities within the team to ensure we deliver the team’s, and the organisation’s 2022 ambitions.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission aligned.
WHY WE NEED YOU
Data is at the core of our business. We use data to provide our customers with an EPIC player experience. We have teams of product owners, data engineers, machine learning engineers, data scientists, product analysts, etc. and we need you to empower and guide them with a compelling vision and plan.
- Leading our Data Product Owner capability
- Build an effective product owner team. Define mission, drive WoW, mentorship, etc whilst delivering value in a fast-paced working environment.
- Be a key point-of-contact between stakeholders and team(s)
- Build and maintain a vision and roadmap for products in your defined area
- Build and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders, and manage pipelines of work
- Lead key product deliveries, and ensure effective communications with interested parties
- Handle a backlog, and prioritise work aligned with team(s), and organisational goals
- Manage the product lifecycle (design, deliver, launch, support, decommission, etc.)
- Decompose business requirements to define epics, user stories, etc. to help your team grasp work to be delivered
- Lead team ceremonies, e.g., sprint planning and refinement
- Lead product (end-user) documentation, ensuring assets are widely understood and adopted
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Several years of experience as a Product Owner delivering great data solutions.
- Industry recognised Product Owner certifications
- Several years’ experience of agile delivery, and are a champion for it
- Experience of line / people management
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Keen problem solver, and highly competent with business analysis techniques
- Proven success managing a large, and demanding set of stakeholders
- You have a delivery mindset, and a laser focus on getting results
- You find it easy to assimilate knowledge, and share this with others
- You have a history of building working relationships to get things delivered
- You are a self-starter. You are proactive, energetic, and motivated to add value
- You have experience using SQL, and a variety of reporting tools
Beneficial but not essential;
- iGaming industry experience
- Experience of cloud-based data technologies
- Experience of directing large scale transformation
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive.
Your package will include:
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- Personal life insurance and disability coverage
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- In-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career, including full access to the Udemy platform and the mindfulness and meditation application Headspace
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 1,000 BGN for your new addition whilst working for us
- A sports’ card membership valid across the country
- In-house yoga and gymnastic classes, as well as dances
- Discounts as a compliment form us among different services
- Monthly lunch and travel allowance
- Free snacks, fruits and drinks in the office.
ABOUT THE GROUP
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
WANT A SEAT AT THE TABLE? APPLY NOW!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.