The role: Senior / Data Product Owner
We are looking for a Senior / Data Product Owner to join our Data Technology team in our Leeds / London offices.
Are you our next star player?
If you are passionate about data, experienced in product ownership and want to be part of a team that builds out our next-generation data platform, leveraging new technologies and techniques to maximise the value out of our data assets and empower employees to innovate – then we’ve got the job for you!
Why we need you?
Data is at the core of our business. We have teams of data engineers, machine learning engineers, data scientists, analysts – all work with some elements of data in order to better understand our customers and provide them with the best experience. We need you to develop and maintain a vision and plan for that data and oversee the execution of that plan.
You will provide business analysis expertise across all projects, taking responsibility for translating business requirements into tangible deliverables. You will drive the implementation of complex and long-term business plans by supporting and managing the development, implementation and user adoption of reporting solutions and other applications.
Working with your team, you will drive a shared product vision and help us achieve continuous delivery.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Successfully lead a team in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities
- Main point of contact between the stakeholder and development/delivery teams.
- Create the vision and direction for the product offering and plan for execution by creating product roadmap
- Manage the list of backlog items and prioritise them based on the overall strategy and business objective.
- Oversee the actual development of the product: planning, refinement, review and sprint.
- Deep understanding of stakeholders needs and ability to anticipate their needs to more effectively manage the development process.
- Collaborate with business users to understand business processes, gather business requirements, evaluate concepts, and present solutions
- Maintain Business data dictionary
- Document technical requirements to be used for design and development
- Assist with design and testing reports to enable delivery of efficient end-user reporting solutions
- Plan projects and schedules, balance multiple projects, and follow through on project deliverables
- Create regular status reports and manage data driven metrics for systems and services
Who we’re looking for
- 3+ years’ experience as a Product Owner in analytics/data solution management, throughout the entire development and software delivery lifecycle
- Knowledge and experience of working with Scrum agile delivery methods
- Ability to effectively communicate with business users to understand business processes
- Ability to identify, attempt to rectify and appropriately escalate issues and risks
- Ability to act as enabler and promote direct cooperation between business and tech
- Experience with SQL and Python is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in analysing business objectives and requirements.
- Emphasis on the delivery of solutions with maximum interaction with Business Partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Be a driven, energetic and proactive individual who has a desire to add value in all areas of responsibility.
- Result oriented
- Team player
- Self- motivated
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.