The role: Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer, to join our Poker Department in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Our tech teams work remotely within Bulgaria, occasionally you’ll need to come to the office in Sofia. Not often, but up to 4-5 times a month and of course, we’ll cover all related expenses. Working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned.
Are you our next star player?
As DevOps Engineer, you will work as part of the team that manages and delivers software development projects and helps to ensure availability of key DevOps services used by the Software Development team and Business units as well as critical QA/UAT and Production environments.
Software Development and IT Operations teams will be assisting you with deploy and operation of our systems.
You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes. You`ll support building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. You’ll troubleshoot and resolve issues in our Dev, QA/UAT and Production environments for a wide range of projects. You’ll be responsible to maintain, deploy, upgrade and configure our Internal services.
Why we need you:
You’ll be joining an existing team of 6 people spread across London, IOM and Toronto and reporting to the Senior Manager, DevOps based in London. As a team we are results oriented and rely on good communication to achieve success.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Providing architecture diagrams and documentations
- Working on Jenkins pipelines to provide CI/CD
- Setting up new environments in VMware or AWS
- Ensuring network connectivity is in place
- Liaising with Development teams
- Resolving issues
Who we’re looking for?
You have experience or exposure to the following technologies:
- Strong knowedge of Linux (Redhat/CentOS 7/8 mostly)
- Strong knowledge of Jenkins structure, pipelines and libraries.
- Very good understanding of Networking in general
- Automation/configuration management using Salt (mostly) or Ansible.
- Cloud services (Mostly AWS but Azure and Google Cloud a plus)
- Build systems (Apache Ant/Node/Maven/Gradle)
- Git and versioning software
- Messaging middleware. Specifically RabbitMQ and Kafka
- SQL in general and DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL specifically
- NoSQL experience with MongoDB and Redis, others such as Cassandra is a plus.
- TSDB (InfluxDB, Prometheus)
- Logging (ELK)
- Monitoring tools such as TICK stack, Prometheus, Grafana
- Being certified in Linux, VMware. Good knowledge of Windows Server is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. We also provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Bulgaria.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address).
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby.
- Social benefits package contributing to your lunch and transportation expenses.
- 1,000 BGN as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us.
- MultiSport membership.
- In-house training and development of your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.