We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Richmond Hill, Toronto service office.
Why we need you: –
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will work as part of the team that manages and delivers Software Development projects and helps to ensure availability of key DevOps services used by the Software Development teams and Business units as well as critical QA/UAT and Production environments.
Software Development and IT Operations teams will be assisting you with deploy and operation of our systems. You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes. You’ll support building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. You’ll troubleshoot and resolve issues in our Dev, QA/UAT and Production environments for a wide range of projects. You’ll be responsible to maintain, deploy, upgrade and configure both customer facing & internal systems and services. You are be able to suggest any improvements. You are a self-starter with the ability to make progress with minimal supervision. On this position, you’ll have to show your good diplomacy skills and the ability to liaise with technical and business people.
Key Responsibilities: –
Building and maintaining Mini Environments (Core Server, Windows)
- Build and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for the Mini Environments
- Provide support to Development and QA teams
- Other duties as assigned
As the ideal candidate, you will have: –
The ideal candidate will have a background in Windows Development &/ system administration whilst having strong Linux knowledge.
You have experience or exposure to the following technologies:
- Good knowledge of Build tools (Apache Ant, Npm, Yarn, Apache Maven)
- Strong knowledge of Jenkins structure, pipelines, libraries and Groovy.
- Git and versioning software
- Full proficiency with Linux command line environment including shell scripting (Bash) and remote server administration via Ssh
- Linux development toolchain (i.e. gcc/g++, make, ldd)
- Windows development toolchain (i.e. Visual Studio, IncrediBuild)
- Packaging tools (i.e. rpm, nuget, npm)
- Knowledge in Databases (i.e. DB2, SQL/SPL)
- Familiar with Apache, Nginx and IIS web servers
- Good understanding of configuration and management tools (i.e. Salt, Ansible)
- Knowledge of Redhat 7+ / CentOS 7+
- Knowledge of Windows Server W2K6+
- On-hands knowledge with Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket Server
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or similar
- System Administrator and/or Software Development background a plus
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). In addition, you can join our company pension scheme.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support to develop your skills and support you in progressing your career.
Lunch is on us and there is free fresh fruit, snacks, drinks in the office.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.