The Role: Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our busy and dynamic Poker Delivery team based in our Leeds or London Office or to work remotely within the UK!
Why we need you:
You will work as part of the team that manages and delivers Software Development projects and helps to ensure availability of key DevOps services used by the Software Development teams and Business units as well as critical QA/UAT and Production environments.
Software Development and IT Operations teams will be assisting you with deploy and operation of our systems. You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes to provide rock-solid stability, high velocity code-shipping and ground-breaking innovation.
You’ll support tools for deployment, monitoring/alerting and logging. You’ll troubleshoot and resolve issues in our Dev, QA/UAT and Production environments for a wide range of projects.
You will have responsibility to maintain, deploy, upgrade and configure both customers facing and internal systems and services. You are be able to suggest any improvements. You’ll have Security in mind when designing solutions.
You are a self-starter and able to make progress with minimal supervision. On this position, you’ll have to show your good diplomacy skills and the ability to collaborate closely with technical and product teams. You’ll be involved in many projects related to Poker products and will be required to support a wide range of environments including support and on-call for Production. You’ll be working on Cloud (AWS) and non-Cloud based projects in a DevOps team with members based in Toronto, UK and Bulgaria.
- Automation and infrastructure-as-code
- Building and maintaining Poker Web environments and Services in Cloud and non-Cloud infrastructure
- Build and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for the aforementioned Services
- Building and maintaining DevOps tools
- Maintaining and ensuring availability of the DevOps VMware & AWS EC2 VMs + AWS EKS
- Building and maintaining Docker EE and/or K8s environments for Poker Web as well as non-containerized stacks
- Provide support to Development and QA teams
- Continuous improvements
- Other duties as assigned
Who we are looking for:
- Excellent knowledge of Jenkins structure, pipelines, libraries and Groovy.
- Good knowledge of Build tools (Apache Ant, Npm, Yarn, Apache Maven)
- Good understanding of configuration and management tools (i.e. Salt, Ansible). Salt is preferred.
- Full proficiency with Linux command line environment including shell scripting (Bash) and remote server administration via Ssh
- Competent in AWS Cloud services (VPC, AMI, Route 53, EKS, ECR etc…). Experience with Terraform would be a big plus.
- Strong knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes and Helm charts
- Technical expertise in Linux (Redhat 7 / CentOS 7) and good knowledge of Windows.
- Familiar with Apache & Nginx web servers
- Confident with Shell scripting; Mostly Bash
- Familiar with Git
- Very good understanding of networking in general
- You can document and produce diagrams for solutions implemented
- Comfortable with remote work and heavy usage of Slack & Zoom with team members in different timezones.
- Linux System Administrator and/or Software Development background a plus
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or similar
- Significant experience in DevOps and IT in general
We’re using a wide range of other technologies and software and any exposure to them would be welcome but not mandatory. Your willingness to learn and can-do attitude will come in handy.
PowerShell. VMware vSphere, Messaging middleware (RabbitMQ and Kafka), NoSQL and Caching (MongoDB and Redis), ELK, Zabbix and TICK stack, Prometheus, Grafana, Harbor, Katello/Foreman, Windows Server W2K16+, IIS, Java, Node.js, Python, Perl, Packer, Vagrant, Virtual Box, Nexus OSS, JFrog Artifactory, Harness, CloudFlare
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- £1,000 as a congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a Zoom/ face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.