Role: Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Richmond Hill, Toronto office.
Are you our next star player?
Our focus is on enabling the flow of value through a focus on the technology practice. Looking inwards, at a technical level, we aim to do this by combining the practices of Software Craftsmanship, Agile/Lean, DevOps, Cloud Native architectures and infrastructures to create high quality, high velocity, sustainable engineering teams. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer.
Responsibilities will include:
- You will design, create and deliver a range of DevOps Build Automation and Deployment solutions in virtualisation environments such as AWS and/or other cloud providers
- You will work as part of the team that manages and delivers Software Development projects and helps to ensure availability of key DevOps services used by the Software Development teams and Business units as well as critical QA/UAT and Production environments
- Star candidates will serve as a DevOps Coach for our development teams.
- Software Development and IT Operations teams will be assisting you with deploy and operation of our systems
- You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes
- You’ll support building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations
- You’ll troubleshoot and resolve issues in our Dev, QA/UAT and Production environments for a wide range of projects
- You’ll be responsible to maintain, upgrade and configure our Internal services
- As a Senior DevOps Engineer you’ll be responsible for to design, automate, build and operate modern digital service platforms. It’s a fast-paced environment so it is important for you to make sound, reasoned decisions
- You’ll do this whilst learning about new technologies and approaches, with talented colleagues that will help you to learn, develop and grow.
Why we need you:
As a DevOps Engineer you have extensive working experience in an IT infrastructure role with strong background in Linux and Cloud administration. Open-source technologies are something you are interested in and you have used wide variety of such tools. You have experience with VMware virtualized environments, mostly server virtualization and software defined networking. You were involved in planning deployments and improvements to CI/CD pipelines and have strong experience with Docker and container management. Some of your experience is focused on coding and scripting (mostly Python, Java and Bash). You are familiar with Apache and Nginx web servers running and configuring along with caching and message queuing applications (Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka). Also, you have some experience in networking and monitoring tools. We are working with Atlassian products (Crowd, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket Server) so it’ll be good if you have used them too.
We try to follow the best methodologies and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service but you’ll be able to suggest any improvements. Our environment is transitioning to Agile so it’ll be good if you have worked in such teams. You are a self-starter with the ability to make progress with minimal supervision. On this position you’ll have to show your good diplomacy skills and the ability to liaise with technical and business persons. You can work under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail. As a team we are results oriented and rely on good communication to achieve success.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in automating the build process and deployment of AWS. You will be highly proficient working with business stakeholders and directing project teams and will have direct experience of a range of Build and Deployment Automation solutions.
You will have experience and a proven track record of automating, deploying and maintaining enterprise level solution environments on secure and distributed on premise platforms. You have experience or exposure to the following technologies:
- Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and provisioning (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Docker and Kubernetes, build and manage experience
- Automation/configuration management using either Ansible, Salt, Chef, or an equivalent
- Strong knowledge of Jenkins structure, management and uses
- Git and software versioning
- Hands-on experience with Linux and development toolchain (i.e. rpm)
- Messaging middleware. Specifically, Kafka and RabbitMQ
- SQL in general and PostgreSQL, MySQL specifically (NoSQL experience, such as Cassandra, Redis and MongoDB is a plus.)
- TSDB (InfluxDB, Prometheus, Clickhouse) and ElasticSearch
- Monitoring tools such as TICK stack, Prometheus, ELK stack and Grafana
- Knowledge of scanning software such as Veracode, SonarQube, JFrog Xray or IQ Server a plus.
Being certified in Linux, Kubernetes, VMware and good knowledge of Mac OS X is a strong asset.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- $1,900 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- Discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
- free snacks and catered lunch
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.