We are looking for a senior DevOps engineer to become a star for our busy and dynamic team based in our Richmond Hill, Toronto office.
Why we need you:
– We are seeking someone who can design, automate, build and operate modern digital service platforms in hybrid environments such as AWS/Azure, VMware.
– As DevOps Engineer, you will work as part of the team that manages and delivers Web Software Development projects and helps to ensure availability of key DevOps services.
– You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
– You`ll support building and maintaining tools for verification, deployment, monitoring and operations. You`ll troubleshoot and resolve issues in our Dev, QA, UAT and Production environments.
It’s a fast-paced environment so it is important for you to make sound, reasoned decisions. You’ll do this whilst learning about new technologies and approaches, with talented colleagues that will help you to learn, develop and grow.
We are looking for someone who:
– Has extensive working experience in an IT infrastructure role with strong background in Linux and Cloud administration. Solid Linux management and troubleshooting knowledge, as long as experience in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud are required.
– Enjoys researching and using new technologies and Open Source Tools that may improve a working process
– Has experience with server virtualization and software defined networking as well as Infrastructure as a Code. Experience with terraform or similar tools is a bonus
– Was involved in planning deployments and improvements to CI/CD pipelines and has strong experience with Docker and container orchestration eco-systems such as Kubernetes. Experience with Helm or other Kubernetes templating tools is a bonus
– Has experience implementing monitoring tools and executing performance testing and optimizations for existing infrastructure. Experience with Prometheus and ELK stack are welcome
– Has experience developing and maintaining pipelines for builds, deployments, and any other automation as needed. Experience with Jenkins, Harness, Spinnaker, ArgoCD, or GitLab is preferred. Experience with build systems (Apache Ant/Mode/Maven) is also a bonus
– Is familiar with web servers, load balancers, and has a solid understanding of networking, HTTP/S protocol, public traffic management, and processing. Experience with tools such as NGINX, HAProxy, or Web servers like Tomcat or JBoss are welcome
– Is a self-starter with the ability to make progress with minimal supervision. Good diplomacy skills are essential
– Has coding, scripting, and troubleshooting experience. Some nice languages to know for this position are Bash scripting, Python, Java, Groovy
– Was exposed to aspects of software development lifecycle (SDLC) and development methodologies including Waterfall, Scrum, and Agile.
– Is able to work under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
– B.Sc. in Computer Science or similar
– 4 years+ experience in DevOps roles, a proven track record in automating the build process and deployments in Cloud and Kubernetes environments.
– Following the best methodologies and IT operations but also able to suggest any improvements
– A self-starter with the ability to make progress with minimal supervision
– Good diplomacy skills and the ability to liaise with technical and business people
– Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
– Strong written and presentation skills in English.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
– Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
– $1,900 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
– Discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
– free snacks and catered lunch
– in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
We hope that we’ve answered as many of your questions about working at the PokerStars as possible, but if you still have some questions, why not try visiting our FAQ page?Find your answers here