We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to become a star for our Stars Web team in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Our tech teams work remotely within Bulgaria, occasionally you’ll need to come to the office in Sofia (we’ll cover all related expenses). Working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned.
Are you our next star player?
- We are seeking someone who can design, automate, build and operate modern digital service platforms in hybrid environments.
- As DevOps Engineer, you will work as part of the team that manages and delivers Web Software Development projects and helps to ensure availability of key DevOps services.
- You`ll support building and maintaining tools for verification, deployment, monitoring and operations. You’ll troubleshoot and resolve issues in our Dev, QA and Production environments.
It’s a fast-paced environment so it is important for you to make sound, reasoned decisions. You’ll do this whilst learning about new technologies and approaches, with talented colleagues that will help you to learn, develop and grow.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has extensive working experience in an IT infrastructure role with strong background in Linux and Cloud (AWS/GCP) management and troubleshooting.
- Enjoys researching and using new technologies and Open-Source tools that may improve a working process
- Has experience building Infrastructure as a Code (Terraform or similar), software defined networking, server virtualization
- Has strong experience with Docker and container orchestration eco-systems such as Kubernetes. Experience with Helm or other Kubernetes templating tools is a bonus
- Has experience developing and maintaining CI/CD, pipelines for builds, deployments, and any other automation as needed. Experience with Jenkins, Harness, Spinnaker, ArgoCD, or GitLab is preferred
- Is familiar with web servers, load balancers, and has a solid understanding of networking, HTTP/S protocol, public traffic management and processing. Experience with tools such as NGINX, HAProxy, Web servers like Tomcat are welcome
- Has scripting, coding experience. Some nice languages to know for this position are Bash scripting and Python
- Has experience implementing monitoring tools and executing performance testing and optimizations for existing infrastructure. Experience with Prometheus and ELK stack are welcome
- Is a self-starter with the ability to make progress with minimal supervision
- Is able to work under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Sc. in Computer Science or similar
- 4 years+ experience in DevOps roles, a proven track record in automating the build process and deployments in Cloud and Kubernetes environments.
- Following the best methodologies and IT operations but also able to suggest any improvements
- Strong communication skills, proficient in English
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. We also provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Bulgaria.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address).
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby.
- Social benefits package contributing to your lunch and transportation expenses.
- 1,000 BGN as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us.
- MultiSport membership.
- In-house training and development of your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll connect with you on a Zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.