The role: Senior Edit Support Opertaor
We are looking for a Senior Edit Support Operator to join our Stars Creative team, based out of our London service office.
Are you our next Super Star?
We’re looking for individuals with big ideas and the ability to think creatively and outside of the box. You will become part of a company that gives you everything you need to create winning moments, to push your own boundaries and build the best experience for our millions of players around the world.
So, who are we? We’re home to some of the biggest, most exciting brands in the online gaming industry, with offices, events and players all over the world. We’re the ultimate owner of such brands as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo, Sky Poker and BetEasy, as well as live poker tour and event brands.
Why we need you: –
We are an in-house creative agency producing global and local branded content, including long form programming, live streams, advertisements and short form social content for the Stars Group’s main verticals (Poker, Casino and Sports) across TV and digital platforms.
Reporting to the Senior Technical Operations Manager, this role is a key figure in the operation of the Branded Content post production department. This includes, but is not limited to: on-premise edit suite and data centre operations, (London, St Martin’s Lane currently), 1st and 2nd line support, remote editing, media and archive, live production and streaming, DIT, and media ingest (at live events). Presently we are operating both on-premise and remotely (at home) and expect to have a 50:50 split between the two for the immediate future.
The successful applicant must have a high level of expertise in video post-production techniques and be able to support edits though ingest to offline and online. Expertise in DIT practices along with media ingest, encoding, QC and deliverables for terrestrial broadcast and social media channels is required.
Alongside the Senior Technical Operations Manager, the successful applicant will help streamline, develop, improve and maintain the smooth operations of the all the above areas. Continual learning and adjustment will be involved as technologies develop. International travel to live events will be expected. This is not a 9-5 role and will require a high level of autonomy.
A genuine enthusiasm for production technologies in this rapidly developing field will be expected.
- Day to day oversight of the edit suites and media management including but not limited to: Avid Interplay/media organization, edit support, ingest and conforms, sync maps, QC, encoding and deliverables creation
- Work closely with the Post-Production coordinator to ensure tasks are completed on time and within a realistic timescale
- Prepare media and projects for offline edit through to online
- Prepare edit suites
- Resolve day to day support issues
- Managing media ingest during shoots and outside broadcasts in the UK and abroad
- Supporting the Group’s strategic production requirements
- Establishing, maintaining, and enhancing relationships with all team members
Who are we looking for: –
An inquisitive team player with a passion for technical innovation. A forward thinker, constantly driving to improve workflows and implement best in class technology. You need to be well organised and process-driven, with the ability to think on your feet to solve a wide variety of issues.
You should be a proactive individual, with an eye for detail and be able to adapt easily to the ever-evolving technical landscape.
As the ideal candidate, you will have: –
Honed problem solving skills and a proven track record in supporting post production:
- Strong process and organizational skills
- A high level of Mac and PC familiarity
- High level of competence with media creation tools including but not limited to Avid Media Composer, Interplay, Nexus, I-O Devices, Adobe Creative Cloud, Telestream Vantage
- Experience of working on live and post produced sports programming
- Experience in hardware base production tools, NAS, SAN, Networking and associated techniques
- Excellent communicator
- Detail-oriented and deadline-focused
- Proactive and natural problem-solver
- Ability to liaise and manage relationships with internal and external clients and suppliers
- Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change
Preference will be given to those with experience in streaming technologies and cloud-based recording and production.
Experience within the gaming sector, plus a knowledge of, or passion for poker, would be desirable.
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you 1000 GBP as congratulations.
In addition to that, we provide the opportunity for a discounted gym membership.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.