The role: We are looking for a Senior Front-End Software Engineer to join our Content Management Service (CMS) team in Leeds.
The Content Management Team and the services they build power the user experience of the players using our Sportsbook. We are looking for a Senior Front-End Software Engineer to join the team, and to help us deliver the best UX we can.
Are you our next star player?
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Software Engineer who will play a pivotal role in leading, designing and building the user interfaces used by our Operations Team. They are our user. It’s our role to help them be as efficient as possible, and it’s their role to curate the content of our Sportsbook, enhancing the user experience of a global customer base.
You’ll be keen to work with the rest of the team, pairing where applicable, reviewing, and feeding back on code to ensure it meets the high standards we hold ourselves to. Someone who is passionate about their craft, keeps up to date with the latest Front End tech, and has an eye for quality code.
Why we need you
We are an expanding team and are looking for someone to help lead the technical direction and design of the product.
Who we’re looking for
Reporting directly to the teams Lead Software Engineer, the Senior Front-End Software Engineer will ideally:
• Have extensive experience building React User Interfaces with Typescript
• Have worked with frameworks as tools such as Webpack, NodeJS, Scss, Jest, Git
• Have a passion for good design and improving the User Experience of our Customers
• Have a strong understanding of agile practices
• Be a natural collaborator, and have a desire to work in a multi-disciplinary squad
• Help Balance the commercial needs of the business against the ideal technical design, proposing strategic and tactical implementations where appropriate
• Be part of a team that defining/refining our product roadmap to align with the technical vision
In addition, any of the following would be a great boost:
• Experience deploying applications and serverless components into AWS using a variety of tools including (but not limited to) Github Actions, Jenkins and the AWS CDK
• Experience building Spring Boot applications with Kotlin, Java or any other JVM based language
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
• Starting from 25 days paid annual leave increasing with service
• Health and dental insurance for you, and 50% coverage for your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
• Personal life insurance and income protection
• The option to join our company pension scheme
• In-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career, including full access to the Udemy platform and the mindfulness and meditation application Headspace
• External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career.
• Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
• Discounted gym membership
• Social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties
• Online Discount Scheme, including discounted shopping and cinema vouchers.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for our Senior Front-End Software Engineer role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.