The role: We are looking for a Senior HR Business Partner to be based in our Toronto office.
Are you our next star player?
The Senior HR Business Partner will partner with leaders and the HRD in the technology functions to effectively execute the people strategy that enables the achievement of commercially aligned outcomes. In so doing, ensure that in all instances organisational structures are optimal, ways of working enable efficiency and people policies drive engagement, innovation and differentiation in our local markets so as to attract and retain the best, most diverse global talent.
The Senior HR Business Partner will sit on functional leadership teams as required and will have line management responsibility. They will work closely with an emphasis on collaboration with the HR Centres of Excellence to achieve results.
Why we need you:
The Senior HR Business partner will work with the HRD to execute the people strategy, leading the delivery of elements of the plan and project managing its delivery. They will coach and empower leaders in the Technology functions on all people related matters, acting as a trusted advisor. Similarly, they will coach and empower leaders in the Technology functions on all people related matters, acting as a trusted advisor.
Other responsibilities include:
- Act as the conduit between the HR COE’s and the business, to provide a coherent, aligned, and proactive HR service
- Provide change management support to the business functions through both business transformation and merger related activities
- Provide expert input to organisation design to ensure that the organisation structure enables the achievement of customer centric, commercial outcomes
- Support the HRD with the commercial management of people costs and people risks across both functions
- Championing the talent agenda to ensure that the International division is set up to attract, develop and retain the highest-calibre individuals (including succession planning, talent interventions, remuneration planning, etc.)
- Establishing and implementation of targeted employee engagement plans that stands us out as an employer of choice for all current and would be employees.
- Clear focus on compliance with BAU HR processes and policies
- Using people data to deliver key insights and prompt appropriate action by the senior team
- Work closely with our Talent Acquisition team to support hiring and ensuring delivery of effective end-to-end recruitment processes across functions and geographies
- Building strong relationships with leaders and teams within the business globally to enhance overall individual, team & organisational performance
- Tapping into the network of HRBPs across the group to share ideas and facilitate a joined-up approach that improves our employee experience
- Providing leadership to the HRBP team including direct report/s managing to support the development of a first-rate HR team that shares best practice and is highly regarded by the business
Who are we looking for:
- Effective Communicator: Provides clarity on business goals; is effective in all types of communication; adjusts communication style to fit the audience; consistently communicates the mission, vision, and values to inspire, energise and motivate others; creates an environment that encourages effective communication and the sharing of diverse perspectives.
- Talent Focused: Demonstrates a strong commitment to the development of talent; recommends and supports development activities in preparation for future roles; invests time to coach and mentor others; proactively manages development to ensure a pipeline of talent is in place; is a talent magnet, capable of identifying, attracting, selecting and developing top talent including and not shying away from talent that goes beyond their own capabilities; finds and attracts diverse talent who have the critical capabilities needed by the organisation; works to create an organisation that is an attractive place to work
- Resilient: Creates a climate where people are curious, resilient, determined, learn and adapt; handles and manages crises effectively; anticipates and shows the way forward during setbacks; builds energy in others to stick with it/ to stay on track / push through.
- Big Thinker: Constantly explores and analyses future scenarios and possibilities to help respond to change and shape the future; drives self and others to pursue opportunities that will create sustainable value; contributes to the functional strategy, mapping and aligning efforts to strategic imperatives.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- $1,900 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
- free snacks and catered lunch
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, we’ll meet you for a Zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.