The role: Senior Manager, Safer Gambling
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Safer Gambling to join our diverse team based in our Malta office!
Are you our next star player?
This role leads a global Safer Gambling team in providing the safest environment for players, to promote positive play, effective player interactions and achieve key performance targets as prescribed by the Group. This role manages and leads a team of Safer Gambling Managers and ensures they are equipped with the skills and knowledge required to manage their teams effectively and create and maintain a high performance environment in line with the services standard requirements set by the Group. The role holder is accountable for the business unit performance as a whole, and contributes to the development and implementation of the division wide strategy.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned.
Why we need you:
We need someone who will be:
- Building multiple teams capable of meeting department requirements, from agent level through to middle management.
- Manage multi-location teams within Flutter International by conducting and overseeing the annual review process, employee relations issues, talent management, team collaboration, work schedules, headcount and training in line with Group guidelines.
- Implementation of good management practices and ensuring continuing development of team members to guarantee engagement.
- Effective management of resources to proactively prevent and detect potential problem gambling issues in our playing population.
- Responsible for meeting the Department’s recruitment needs.
- Review existing metrics, processes and procedures for effectiveness and continuously assist in developing/enhancing the external and internal in-house proactive detection capabilities.
- Manage the implementation of the regional strategy of the Safer Gambling business unit set by the Head of Department.
- Production of regular analytics and reports to Senior Management and Executive members
- Be the owner of key internal processes, and main point of contact for various stakeholders.
- Act as the key point of escalation for any high level issues and deal with these escalations in accordance with group policies and procedures.
- Other duties as requested by the Head of Department as well as adhoc projects – lead and/or participation in business unit projects
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience of running a large operations unit within the online arena
- A seasoned manager able to evidence consistent success in being able to articulate a plan and motivate, manage and develop a team to deliver.
- Strong understanding of Safer Gambling tools, concepts and strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of the online gaming industry
- Excellent relationship management skills – ability to relate to and influence business stakeholders and internal teams
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude and ability to take the initiative; self-disciplined, well organized and highly commited with the ability to multi-task and prioritize across multiple time sensitive complex projects to ensure successful delivery.
- Clear understanding of the unique challenges facing leadership and motivation considerations of a diverse workforce whose role is customer facing.
- Project management experience or formal project management qualifications
- Additional languages
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- The option to join our company pension scheme
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 1,000 EUR for your new addition whilst working for us
- In-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- Free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- Cash allowance for lunch.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.